Thursday, January 31, 2013

One and Done!

Can you believe it? It's already January 31st??? The end of the first month of the new year.....which means I am officially a month into my word of the year : FOCUS. I must admit that I haven't been as focused as I would have liked, I have been a bit stretched this month at work, and at the quilting job, and in my quest to completely overhaul the quilting/sewing room and the house in general. But my progress just proves that this focus thing really works.....so, in tracking my goals, here's the current status...

This years quilty goals....

1. Finish a new pattern every month for QQ. That's 12 new patterns released in 2013. -- 1 completed, 2 at the quilter, so this one is looking good!!!


2. Finish a new Judy quilt every quarter. That is 4 quilts this year. Specifically, I will be working on Coxscomb, Farmer's Star, Feathered Star and Celtic Wave. And the Glacier Star -- because I need to get that one done for teaching purposes. - I was busy on this one as well. I got all of the papers prepped for all 5 of these (as well as two others), and I picked fabrics for Farmer's Star, Feathered Star, Celtic Wave and Glacier Star. I'm still working on fabric selection for Coxscomb. I also did ALL of the cutting for Glacier Star, as well as sewing the drunken geese units. Next up is the sewing of the Feathered Star Components and the New York Beauty Blocks. So, relatively on track for this one. 

3. Attend 2 Judy events -- Asilomar in March, and Montana in August. - on track, all paid up, only the August flights to book.

4. Teach 2 Judy classes or retreats each month. - 5 teaching days in January. 4 scheduled for February.


5. Finish up a bunch of Judy quilts that just need final touches -- quilting, binding, borders - Touch of Spring (quilting - just got a message from Tammy via FB that this one is finished and ready to be shipped my way), Cappuccino Party for 4 (quilting - see note on Touch of Spring), MiniStars (quilting - same), Summer Solstice (Borders), Amazon Star (borders), Pepperdish (applique), 3 Ducks in a Row (borders).


6. Blog more regularly -- I finally figured out the scheduling feature, so that should help!! My goal is three times a week. This post is #18 for the year, so I'm doing pretty good there.


7. Learn how to use instagram. Done. You can follow me at queeniequilts


8. Learn how to code in XML for the website. Not doing so good here, would it count if I hired someone??? Maybe I should look into that, or maybe I should focus more? Maybe I'll just wait and see how this looks next month and make a decision.


9. Sew every day -- even of it is only for 10 minutes, or one section of binding! I really should do some binding prep work to have some projects ready to go for this!!!! This one should probably be amended....I really want to do some type of sewing, knitting, crochetting every day, for relaxation purposes, or perhaps I should drink more wine??? What do you think???

How are you doing on your 2013 goals??? Did you pick a word???

1 comment:

  1. I try to sew everyday...it's good for my head. I'm attending the first JN seminar at Asilomar...Prairie Star is my pattern.

    ReplyDelete