Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Palm Springs, Anyone???

On Sunday, I taught at Monica's Quilt and Bead Creations in Palm Desert. We had a great time, but I seem to have no pictures from class...I think we were too busy creating great stuff, plus the classroom was packed and we had seven different projects going on!!!! A Glacier Star, a Mariner's Star, a Weeping Willow, a Tropical Rainbow, A Touch of Spring, some finish up on Nellie's Touch of Spring from last fall, and 3 lovely ladies working on the Mini-Stars. We had fun, and we're ready tackle some bigger items next month, at the extension class...So, stop by and see us on February 24th or March 10th!

Since I was teaching on Sunday, I went to Palm Springs on Saturday afternoon and stayed with Monica, and got to see the town, so often I am busy teaching and I never see the sights of the places I visit, so it was nice to go out to dinner, do a little shopping and drive the main drag and see Palm Springs at night. Their film festival started this weekend (and goes to next Sunday), so we had our eyes peeled for any Hollywood stars, but we didn't see any....bummer!!!! We also did a little shopping....at a boutique called oh-la-la and shoe-la-la......no shoes, but I did find this really cute clock for the sewing room.....


I got it home and was SO excited, only to find out that I didn't have any of the right batteries!!!!! Why does this always happen??? Usually I need AAAs, and have only AAs, this time, I needed a double, and didn't have any!!!! So, off to Costco today for some essential shopping.




Once back, I got to work on Glacier Star -- a fall edition!!! These are my backgrounds, 1895 Latte, and 1635s in two different shades....now I just needed to pick my 10 accents (yes, there are 10!!!)



I didn't have enough options in the right colors, so now I NEED to go fabric shopping, but in the meantime, I was able to get bags 3 and 4 (center star and uneven geese at the center) fully prepped and ready to go....until I get some more browns! That should keep me busy for a couple of days at least....working late tonight, but hopefully I will get home with time to spare to sew!!!



Happy Tuesday everyone!!!!


Catherine

No comments:

Post a Comment