Thursday, January 17, 2013

Cotton and Chocolate, Thousand Oaks, CA

So, most of you know that I am a Judy Niemeyer Certified Instructor, and teach several of her patterns around Southern California, Nevada, Arizona, and occasionally in my hometown of Memphis, TN. I had the pleasure of teaching this past weekend at Cotton and Chocolate Quilt Shop in Thousand Oaks, CA, and we had a blast!!! The shop was adorable, Marilyn and Jerry were great hosts, and the shop was full of fun samples, great fabrics, and a knowledgeable staff -- it doesn't get much better than that....Here's some pics from my visit....

The view from the classroom (how exactly I managed to leave without a picture of the classroom itself I will never know)....

I think they had every color of Auriful on the market (and you know how much I love it for piecing). Check out the left side for the selection of DMC 50wt. (aka my fave thread for applique, in 180 colors). Super excited to have a new source of DMC, since there are only a few places that carry it on the spool in the US. 

Batiks!!!! She had 6 cabinets full, great selection.

I loved the vintage dress picture on the left, I'm thinking of making something out of some baby clothes for a friend??? what do you think???

And this modern braid was super cute, and looked easy, with some simple applique to make it special....maybe this could be a quick weekend project?? 

We had so much fun over the weekend that we decided to do it again!!! We're going to do the Glacier Star starting in June -- so once a month from June to November we'll have a group sewing day on the first Saturday, to work on this bad boy......


The Glacier Star......sign up quick there are only a few spots available. Now, I must go pick colors for mine!!!!



Happy Quilting!!!!

Catherine

1 comment: