Monday, March 9, 2015

Wedding Ring QAL update - Week 3

I can't quite believe that it is week 4 this week....totally crazy!!!  I have been crazy busy all week, but I did manage to get all of my homework done, just barely!!! I got my papers all prepped and I picked out and prepped my strips, and I am ready to sew. I need 23 sets of arc strips!!! What exactly was I thinking when I gave myself 4 weeks for all of the sets. And Market sewing in the middle of it all!!! Oh goodness. Basically, I need to make 12 sets each week, which roughly equates to 12 hours of sewing each week. So, wish me luck, I have to get busy!

Here's some of my fabric sets, I ended up using fabrics from Judy Pop Generation 1, Group 1, which is the more green and blue grouping (as opposed to red and burgundy). Since I need 23 arc sets, I had to add substantial additional strips. I added some Malam batiks from RJR Fabrics, and a couple of regular Bali Pops (a Tiaramisu, a Parrot, and a Seaholly). I ended up with plenty of strips. Here are a couple of pics of the groups....













Week 4 - March 8 - 14 - Sewing A Arcs - there are multiple sets of these and we are going to spend multiple weeks working on them. I have 23 sets to do. I'm not sure that I will be able to keep up this week, as I am teaching this week, and I work all week, so it is bound to be crazy, but I am going to try.

Week 5 - March 15-21 - Sewing A Arcs - just keep sewing!!!!

Week 6 - March 22-28 - Sewing B Arcs - 

Week 7 - March 29 - April 4 - Sewing B Arcs - 

Week 8 - April 5 - April 11 - Using QW Wedding Ring Rulers - Cutting out backgrounds -- Asteroids and Melons.

Week 9 - April 12 - April 18 - Pieced Asteroids and Melons

Week 10 - April 19 - April 25 - Assembly

Week 11 - April 26 - May 2 - Assembly

Week 12 - May 3 - May 9 - Assembly

Week 13 - May 10 - May 16 - Assembly

Week 14 - May 17 - May 23 - Applique - Fused

Week 15 - May 24 - May 31 - Applique - Hand Turned


Are you playing with us? If so, we would love to hear from you!!!!

Happy sewing!!

Catherine







No comments:

Post a Comment