Well, it's March 4th, and this post is a day late, as I was feeling a bit under the weather yesterday and never actually got on the internet to do anything....thankfully, it appears that it was just an over-tired, over-stressed need a rest day signal, as I am feeling quite spry today.
It's the end of the first checkpoint and the beginning of the second. Hopefully, you are keeping up with us, and have been working steadily on Bag #1......
If you have been keeping up, you will have done the following :
- Pick fabrics (I am doing a red/white/blue/gold color scheme). Complete
- prep papers and bags (6 bags) complete
- cut fabrics -- (yes this is the boring part). I kept fabrics 12 and 13 the same for mine, so it will not have as much variation as the original. complete
- Work on bag 1 units. These are the spike units. They are really simple and a great way to get back in the groove. There a lot of them, so pace yourself. Also, make sure that you pay attention to the instructions, as you need to push some strips forward into bag 3 to make the border units, and depending upon how scrappy/controlled you want these you need to make sure you push the right ones forward....so take your time and make sure you get it right. If you have any questions, just drop me a note in the comments or on Facebook. complete
- If you want to stay up to the minute on progress, make sure that you follow me on Instagram as queenie quilts. I post almost daily various items going on in the studio......
- If you don't have the pattern yet, email me at email@example.com, and I will honor the sale from a few weeks ago!!!
Here's my H units. I am pretty happy with them, they were pretty simple to piece, and fun to see how they came out. I am a little bit worried about the polka dot, but we'll see how it turns out in the end....
Here's the rest of the schedule for the next couple of months....
Checkpoint 2 : March 3 - Bag 2 start - started, there are 16 light accents, and 24 darks accents in this bag. I have completed the 24, not started the 16 yet.
Here are the finished ones :
And the ones left to work on : all laid out and ready to piece.
Checkpoint 3 : March 17 - Bag 3 start
Checkpoint 4 : March 31 - Bag 4 start
Checkpoint 5 : April 14 - Curved Piecing
Checkpoint 6 : April 28 - Border Units (if you are doing the Queen)
Checkpoint 7 : May 12 - Start Assembly
Checkpoint 8 : May 26 - All DONE!!!!