Saturday, January 4, 2014

Quilty Goals for 2014

It's that time again when we all figure out what we want to accomplish for the year -- lose weight, exercise more, be more adventurous, practice moderation, read the bible, etc, etc, etc. It's funny that some years are go all out years, and some years are pull back years, we all seem to have different patterns to get ourselves to where we want to be in life. I was talking to my Mom about it, discussing how we plan out our lives, how we are rarely happy to be where we are...we are always striving to be somewhere else, doing something else, being better, more fit, less lazy, etc.....Part of me hates resolutions, because why do you need to wait until New Year's to change the things that you want to change??? But the other side of me loves them. Loves the fresh slate that a new year gives....So, I am in 2 different minds about this.

I want the accountability to get things done, and the flexibility to change my plans as I want to. I want to make sure that I get the things done that I need to get done, and ensure that I still enjoy it. I want it all, what can I say??? There are tons of items that I want to do, and some that I need to do....with a constantly changing teaching schedule, I find myself needing to rearrange priorities to meet new teaching options and opportunities -- and I don't want to beat myself up for changing the plans, while still being accountable.

And with all of that said....here are my quilty goals for 2014.

Piecing
1. Captain's Wheel
2. Celtic Wave (Queen) - Piece Along to start in mid-February!
3. Flower's for My Wedding Ring
4. Scrappy Trip
5. Osprey's Nest

Quilting
1. Winter Wonderland
2. Glacier Star
3. Mariner's Compass
4. Compass Rose
5. Meandering Star
6. all quilts above

Pattern Writing
1. 2014 Block of the Month - starts on January 13th!
2. 5 new patterns for spring market
3. 5 new patterns for fall market

I wish that this encompassed my list, but there are so many half done projects that I want to "finish up" and so many others that I want to do but I am just not sure how to fit it all in.....I literally need an extra 24 hours every day, so if you see some wondering around loose, send them my way, I could really use them....

Other projects :
1. Amazon Star finished
2. Pepperdish finished
3. Crackers finished
4. Feathered Star Queen finished

So, for now, that is the list.....wish me luck!!!! I'll check back in and let you know how it's going!

What are you working on this year??? Do you make resolutions??? Do you have any large scale projects you want to work on???

Happy Quilting!!!
Catherine
 

No comments:

Post a Comment