Monday, January 6, 2014

Captain's Wheel Work-A-Long Week #8

The year is in full swing, and it seems like Christmas was eons ago, rather than just a few weeks, Work work is busy, and quilting work is busy, my schedule is packed, and I am loving it!!!! There is always something about a busy schedule that keeps me going! Perhaps it's the "no time to dwell on it" or the "gotta get to the next thing" -- or maybe it's just the overall pace, who knows??? 

I managed to get tons of stuff does this past week, which was really nice. I completed by reorganization of all of the closets. I did a complete reorganization of my calendars and got some new pens and stickers to keep my motivated (yes, I am five, and probably should have been a first grade teacher, I love stickers!!!). I managed to get all of the tax stuff put together, so that as soon as the W-2s come I can send those right off for preparation (which means I might actually get them all filed before April 15th!!! That will be a miracle!). I got the car smogged, I got my lesson plans done for the next 6 weeks, and I got all of the orders placed for Hoffman, Quiltworx, Island Batiks, Robert Kauffman, and Checker. Of course, now there is no money in the account and my shopping must come to an end (at least for a while)!

But for now, let's get back to the Captain's Wheel :  here's where we are :

Week 1 - November 18- November 24 - Paper Preparation,  Bags and playtime *complete
Week 2 - November 25 - December 1 - Fabric Selection *complete
Week 3 - December 2 - December 8 - Cutting out your fabrics. *complete
Week 4 - December 9 - December 15 - Bag #1 - Compass Rose Units *complete
Week 5 - December 16 - December 22 - Bag #2 - Compass Rose Alternate Units - Rights - *complete
Week 6 - December 23 - December 29 - Bag #3 - Compass Rose Alternate Units - Lefts - *complete
Week 7 - December 30 - January 5 - Sewing Bag #4 - Border Units - Rights - *complete


And here is this week's assignment/plan :
Week 8 -Jan 6 - Jan 12 - Sewing Bag 5 *complete


So, since I am caught up (for once), and even ahead (crazy, right???).....I am going to work on getting assembly started, and work on planning the next one of these little Work-A-Longs and do some neglected required sewing. But just for a couple of days and then I'm getting a head start on assembly. I can't decide whether to start with the curved piecing or the straight piecing, part of me says do the  curves and get them done (they are the dreaded S curves, btw). Part of me wants to take the easy way out and finish the inside of the quilt and leave the borders for the end.......decisions, decisions. Regardless, I want one or the other finished by this time next week!!!

What about you??? Have you managed to get all of your homework done???

Next up we have....
 
Week 9 - Jan 13 - Jan 19 - Sewing Bag 6 *complete
Week 10 - Jan 20 - 27 - Putting it all together

Happy Quilting, see you later this week!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment