Thursday, January 2, 2014

Captain's Wheel Work-A-Long - Status Update

It's New Year's Thursday, and I am happy to report that I had an uber-productive New Year's Day in the Sewing Room.....for a bunch of reasons. I promise to get some pictures later this week, I have been posting to Instagram and Facebook, but I haven't figured out how to transfer all of the files from my phone and ipad to the PC for writing blog posts. I know it can be done, I just haven't sat down to actually work it out. Just one more thing to add to the list. I am sure it is simple, and even quick, I just need to sit down and do it.....

But in the meantime, I finished Bag #3 homework, and all of the center spikes are now complete. I had already finished bags #5 and #6, which left me with only bag #4 (left border units). I got those started on Wednesday, and got through section 5 before I decided that I was bored and needed to clean and organize my projects for 2014.....so I set it aside, and cleaned the sewing room (which is an adventure in itself)!!!!

I also got a start on a leader and ender challenge for 2014. I am going to work on a Scrap Trip this year, one of Bonnie's patterns from a couple of years ago (and was the rage in early 2013). Basically, I am going to try to use up all of my half strips -- all of the jelly roll and Bali Pop leftovers. I am not yet sure if I am going to separate the fabrics or not. I suspect I may make 2 quilts, one batik, and one regular cottons, but we'll see how I feel once I actually really get started! I also want to work on Celtic Solstice, I haven't had a chance to follow along on the 6 week mystery, and keep up because of my schedule, but I intend to do that quilt this year (before the new mystery starts next Thanksgiving)!!!

Well, that's my update for New Year's Day festivities!!! Hope you all had a wonderful time with friends and family and sewing circles, and look forward to a super productive year in 2014!!!


Happy New Year!!!

Catherine

No comments:

Post a Comment