Sunday, December 8, 2013

Super Sunday


It's been a weird weekend around here.....great, but weird. I had a family Christmas party to attend on Saturday, and the weekly errands, running around, and bill paying. It was cold and rainy on Friday and Saturday and I found myself in need of a down day. A do nothing day. A movies on the couch kind of day. Amazingly, after a few couch hours and a few hours of Reese Witherspoon, I found myself inspired to get to sewing. Mind you, I didn't feel inspired to get dressed or do laundry to any of the other chores, just sewing.

So I finished up the borders on my Winter Wonderland Snowflake Tablerunner.


I really like this one, and so appropriate for this time of year!

It was actually pretty quick and easy to sew up, which is even more fun. I'll be teaching this one at Cozy Quilt Shop in Rancho San Diego at the end of January. 

I also got a head start on my Captain's Wheel. I knew I wouldn't have enough time to finish bag 1 (Compass Rose Blocks), so I pulled out bag #6 and worked on corner units.....they came out really cute, and I am pleased with them.



And now, it's time for bed.

Happy Quilting! 
Catherine



No comments:

Post a Comment