Thursday, January 5, 2012

Word of the Year : Adventure

So, do you "word of the year"? I'm not really sure where it started, or how it caught on, but I've been doing it for a couple of years now, picking a word that has significance in my life at the moment, something I want to do, or be, or have. There's something about the psychology of picking a word and then watching it unfold in front of you. Self-fulfilling prophecy??? The power of focus?? Magic? Who knows, I just know that for me (and a lot of my friends) it works.

So, why choose adventure? I can't really say for sure why, I think I am just feeling a little old, a little slow, a little tired, and need some adventure to get the blood racing and the mind going again. Maybe it's the sagitarrius in me, the wanderer, that makes me crave something new and exciting every few years. Do you ever think about what you might have done, or could do? I often wonder about these things and why we don't do them. Am I scared of failure, or being away from everyone I love, or of change, or whatever??? Sometimes, I think it is scared of any or all of those things. And sometimes, I think it is that we can't imagine what life would be like if we achieved them. If my business grew to the level I want, what would I do then? What would my life be like? Would I see my friends? my family? or would I be away all the time. I think sometimes we get so caught up in those if's, that we forget to do or we get scared to do. And I don't think I'm alone in that.

So, I guess you could say my adventure is sort of a mission...a mission to figure out what I really want, and then go after it. Not just work on it. Go after it, all in, 100%. A little scary (okay, a lot scary). A little overwhelming. A little intimidating. And exciting!!! Very, very exciting! I'll be working through my Live Your Legend goals packet over the next few days, and posting back here, making you guys my accountability partners. And taking you on this adventure with me.

If you would like to join me and work on your own packet, you can get it here for free. http://liveyourlegend.net/ and follow me and Scott on Twitter.

Let's make 2012  the adventure of a lifetime.

No comments:

Post a Comment