Thursday, January 19, 2012

And then I just gave in to the madness.....

Well, I have finally done it. I've committed myself to a Dear Jane. Yes, I know everyone else did them YEARS ago. I know I'm late to the party. But I'm going to do it, and so are some of my friends, even if I have to drag them kicking and screaming (though I really didn't, most of them just showed up). You see, I've been talking about doing the Jane Sickle quilt for about 5 or 6 years, I even put in on a goals list in 2008, and got started, and then I quickly got frustrated. Those blocks are little (4 1/2 inches)! There are a lot of them (163)! There are triangles! and it required paper piecing! If I'm honest, Jane inspired my love of Judy Niemeyer. You see, I took my first beginner paper piecing class after venting my frustrations on C-9. A really cute block in the third row of Dear Jane that looked easy, but turned out to be the bane of my existence for a while. So, I broke down a took a paper-piecing class, and the rest is history. So, back to Jane.....a group of us is going to be working on the quilt at Amidon Quiltworks on the 3rd Tuesday evening of every month. 6 or 7 blocks a month every month, which equates to a row every 2 months, so essentially we should finish the center in about 2 years. Yes, 2 years, that is not a typo. It's a big quilt, made of little teensey-tiney pieces!  

So, join us for some fun, and I'll try to post about once a month on what I have managed to get done.....

Happy quilting!

No comments:

Post a Comment