Sunday, February 12, 2017

What I've been up to since the beginning of the year.

I had such great plans to blog and chat every week, and here it is mid February, and I'm just getting settled. I always underestimate how long changing life situations will take....but now the move it officially settled, and life is feeling more normal and routines are getting settled, it's time to talk about exactly what I've been up to lately

Watching - House of Cards on Netflix. I binge watched the entire series. Completely evil and scary and equally fascinating. Part of me wants to believe that this is all fantasy, and part of me knows that we see this stuff every day in our political system.....

Craving - Thin Mints. So far, I have resisted, but my resistance is fading and quickly. 

Doing - lots of organizing and cleaning and reorganizing.

Obsessing - about planners and planning and goals....all that start of the new year, new me thing....

Loving - all of the Bullet Journal ideas that I have seen floating around Facebook. 

Reading - Rereading The Goal by Eliyahu Goldratt. we're looking at some serious production changes at work and I'm getting inspiration on building that amazing team to really become partners in excellence.

Wanting - a vacation -- somewhere warm with no worries

Pinning - lots of yarn lately. With Stitches West next week, all of the new color ways are super inspiring and exciting.

Dreaming - about revamping the business and how I really want it all to work.

Writing - not much. I have a couple of patterns in process and a couple of blog post ideas that I am working through, but nothing serious.

Crafting - home decor....with every move, I am always making new pillows and pillowcase, and new "decorations"

Sewing - not much. I seem to have really lost my sewjo, and I really need to get it back. I know part of it is not having a real space, and needing to get the house in order before the sewing room, but now that that has resolved itself, I am hoping to really get back to sewing this week.

Knitting - not much knitting either, as life has been packed for several weeks, but hopefully (repeat previous answer here)....

Listening - to Old Dominion. I picked up the album on a whim, and i really have to say there isn't a bad song on it.

Wearing - lots of sweatshirts and wool socks, it's been cold and rainy for weeks now, and I've gotten a chance to wear things that haven't seen the light of day in years.

Needing - an adventure....

Planning - a retreat for the fall, and maybe a new haircut, i'm a bit indecisive about it, but I keep coming back to it.....


Trying - a couple of new recipes this week....slow cooker pork ribs for tomorrow, and an asparagus and lemon pasta dish on Wednesday. Trying to expand my repertoire in the kitchen. I feel like the last few weeks have been the same things each week, so I'm adding some new things to the mix.

No comments:

Post a Comment