Friday, February 7, 2014

Friday Fun

Well, it's Friday, can you believe it?? The weeks are flying by.

I've been busy this week...working on various sewing and design projects, working through the great destash (more updates on that soon), sewing the final components of Captain's Wheel, getting ready for Celtic Wave QAL (which starts in 10 days or so), and doing the dreaded taxes and paperwork wrapup from 2013. I am happy to say that I am almost finished with all of the yuck work, and ready to move on to some fun stuff.

I had planned on doing a bunch of photos this week, but the weather has been very uncooperative, wet and rainy (which is rare for us), and just generally not good photography weather. Even my indoor shots were grainy and dark, since there is literally no natural light....so no pics for this week, but hopefully we'll get back to that next week.

Due to the weird weather and my weird mood, I spent some quality time just going through all the junk....the drawers, closets, boxes, and even the garage. I made multiple trips to goodwill, and generally got rid of a bunch of "stuff"...stuff that was cluttering the house and my brain. It wasn't nearly as hard as I thought it would be....after I got going. If I don't love it or use it, I tossed it. It was really freeing, and I must admit a bit scary to realize how much stuff I have just squirreled away for some other day. I don't think of myself as a hoarder (other than of fabric), but apparently, I am a bit of one......especially when it comes to receipts??? WTH?? I found the receipts for the TV that I had three TVs ago, and I don't replace my TVs every few years, it was from COLLEGE!!!! Crazy!! Even crazier that the household binder it was in (in perfect organized order I must add), is 20+ years old. My mom and I made it when I left for college, it was part of her gift to me to help me get my "new home" in order.....

So, I spent the week working through and getting every thing in good working order, and I'll share some pics as soon as we have a decent camera day!!!

do you ever find weird things that you have kept and have no idea why???

Happy Quilting!!!

Catherine

No comments:

Post a Comment