Well, It's that day -- the start of the Celtic Wave Quilt Along......it seemed so far away when I wrote the original post and yet, here it is......
So, let's get started....first, have you picked you fabrics and prepped your papers? If not, you will want to start there.....We're not focusing on that in this series, we're just jumping right in, but you have 2 weeks, and that is more than enough time to catch up with us!!!
So, today is Checkpoint 1 : February 17 - final pre-flight checks, Bag 1 start
We have 2 weeks to :
- Pick fabrics (I am doing a red/white/blue/gold color scheme). Complete
- prep papers and bags (6 bags) complete
- cut fabrics -- (yes this is the boring part). I kept fabrics 12 and 13 the same for mine, so it will not have as much variation as the original. complete
- Work on bag 1 units. These are the spike units. They are really simple and a great way to get back in the groove. There a lot of them, so pace yourself. Also, make sure that you pay attention to the instructions, as you need to push some strips forward into bag 3 to make the border units, and depending upon how scrappy/controlled you want these you need to make sure you push the right ones forward....so take your time and make sure you get it right. If you have any questions, just drop me a note in the comments or on Facebook.
- If you want to stay up to the minute on progress, make sure that you follow me on Instagram as queenie quilts. I post almost daily various items going on in the studio......
- If you don't have the pattern yet, email me at email@example.com, and I will honor the sale from a few weeks ago!!!
We'll check back in weekly, but our next "due date" is on March 3rd, when we will do checkpoint 2 and start on bag #2.
Here's the rest of the schedule for the next couple of months....
Checkpoint 2 : March 3 - Bag 2 start
Checkpoint 3 : March 17 - Bag 3 start
Checkpoint 4 : March 31 - Bag 4 start
Checkpoint 5 : April 14 - Curved Piecing
Checkpoint 6 : April 28 - Border Units (if you are doing the Queen)
Checkpoint 7 : May 12 - Start Assembly
Checkpoint 8 : May 26 - All DONE!!!!
I did some pre-work on Bag 2, just to check my colors and make sure that I was loving them.....I was originally worried about the gold and whether it was dark enough, but I need not have worried, it looks great!!!