Sunday, November 23, 2014

Stormy Seas Week #2

Well, we're done with week 1....

Did you get your blocks made?


Yay!!!

All of mine match, they have the same green print for the spikes and the same background....these were the only two pieces in my Kansas Troubles stash that had real yardage, so I used them for these. You may have done these totally scrappy and they will still look great! See the ones is the original, they are totally scrappy.....



Or, you could have done them semi-scrappy, where the pieces in each of the blocks match, but they don't match across the whole project....Similar to what I did in A Touch of Spring....in the pic below you can see that I had multiple backgrounds, and multiple spike fabrics, but each arc matched throughout.


So many options!!!!!!

How are you doing yours?

And now, we are moving on to Bag #2 - making the center spikes. I'm traveling this week, so I went ahead and made mine. You can see that mine "travel", that all of the blocks have different fabrics for the spikes. In my case, I had 4 fabrics, and 12 of each, for a total of 48 spikes. Since there are only 3 spikes in each block, I redistributes the spikes, so that they did not appear twice in each block....you will notice that the backgrounds are scrappy as well. I had 9 fat quarters, so there are a few repeats....


So, that was my weekend....

I'm heading out tomorrow morning for a trip to see my family. I can't wait! Now, I just need to finish packing.

I'll see you back here next week to see your spikes! 

Happy sewing and happy thanksgiving!

See you in December!

Catherine



No comments:

Post a Comment