Well, it is mid-November, almost. I can't quite believe that it is already the 8th of November....I like these posts to be completed by the 2nd or 3rd AT THE LATEST.... And yet, we are firmly on the 8th, and I am just sitting down to get my thoughts together to get started....
In terms of sewing and quilting, I haven't gotten much done this month, with the travel and prep for Market and Festival, there wasn't a lot of time to sew, other than market sewing. I spent the early part of October doing market prep, aka super secret sewing. The patterns were released on the 21st, and available for shipping now. They made their official debut in Houston on the 25th. As a result, there was very little Judy sewing completed this month....though I did get some quilts back from Montana...
So, on that note, back to the project list....
The goals as stated at the new year are in black, amendments (changes/additions, etc) are in blue, and status is red....
1. Captain's Wheel complete and sent to the quilter in February.
2. Celtic Wave (Queen) - Piece Along to start in mid-February! complete and sent to the quilter in July.
3. Flower's for My Wedding Ring - Didn't make much progress on this one this month. October - did nothing on this one, no one single thing.
4. Scrappy Trip Layout completed and labeled, just need some time to sew. October - Bonnie was here and spoke at my guild this month, so I did at least pull it out and prep borders.
5. Osprey's Nest Done. Closed.
6. Hawaiian/Prairie Star - Added in April, I have cut it all out. and I will be taking it on retreat this weekend. So fingers crossed a lot will get accomplished. Got nothing accomplished on this one.....
7. Fire Island Hosta Queen - Added in April. I have cut this one out as well. I should take it to retreat, but that might mean I get neither done...so we'll have to see. Done. Hanging at Cozy Quilt Shop in San Diego for a class that starts in September.
1. Winter Wonderland - I got it back and I love it. I posted some pics, and did a blog post.
2. Glacier Star - Handed over to the quilter while I was in Montana. Headed back my way.
3. Mariner's Compass done. Quilted and bound.
4. Compass Rose - done. and blogged.
5. Meandering Star - done.
6. Captain's Wheel - at the quilter
7. Celtic Wave Queen - sent to Montana for quilting
8. Flower's for My Wedding Ring -
9. Scrappy Trip
10. Osprey's Nest - Done.
11. Feathered Star Queen - sent to Montana
1. 2014 Block of the Month - starts on January 13th! - Done. started February 13th. whole year worth of patterns have been scheduled!!! We found an issue with these....all of the posts that had been scheduled before the July 1 blogger update were corrupted, so once I get back from Market (or maybe while I am there), I will get these reposted!!! Sorry folks!!!
2. 5 new patterns for spring market - all done!!!
3. 5 new patterns for fall market - all done!!!
Other projects :
1. Amazon Star finished
2. Pepperdish finished - no change
3. Crackers finished - complete
4. Feathered Star Queen finished - complete
5. Project Destash - current total is --57.25. October - I should be happy that I didn't buy an fabric this month, but I must admit that I also didn't really burn through as much as I wanted to either. 48 fat quarters were used in the making on my market quilts, along with 12 1/2 yards of backs, and 3 3/4 yards of bindings. Several of my quilts were made with fabric that was gifted from Hoffman Fabrics, but I used all of it, so I haven't counted it here....total of October -29 1/2 yards. Total yards used : -88 3/4. Not bad.... Maybe I can get to -100 by the end of the year. That's only -6 yards for November and December, of course it is mid-November, and I have some as of yet unreported November buys....
November Sewing Plan
Due to all of the travel plans this month, and the prep for a super secret visit in December, I am not sure how much sewing will get accomplished, but I do have some things I want to get done, including an IG Swap, and a Disney Swap....so maybe there are some things that will happen, and maybe not....
How are your quilty goals going this year???
Have you started thinking about next year????