Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Hello Fall!!!

Well, fall is here, and market prep is coming to an end....patterns are written, and final photography is in process (i.e. editing). I can't believe we're at that point again. In just a few weeks we will be getting in the truck and heading to Houston. Time is barreling at us at full speed....

In terms of sewing and quilting, I have and haven't gotten much done this month. I spent most of the month doing market prep, aka super secret sewing. The patterns will be released on the 21st, and available for shipping the following day. They will make their official debut in Houston on the 25th. As a result, there was very little Judy sewing completed this month....though I did get some quilts back from Montana...

So, on that note, back to the project list....

The goals as stated at the new year are in black, amendments (changes/additions, etc) are in blue, and status is red....

Piecing
1. Captain's Wheel complete and sent to the quilter in February.
2. Celtic Wave (Queen) - Piece Along to start in mid-February! complete and sent to the quilter in July.
3. Flower's for My Wedding Ring - Didn't make much progress on this one this month.
4. Scrappy Trip Layout completed and labeled, just need some time to sew.
5. Osprey's Nest Done. Closed.
6. Hawaiian/Prairie Star - Added in April, I have cut it all out. and I will be taking it on retreat this weekend. So fingers crossed a lot will get accomplished. Got nothing accomplished on this one.....
7. Fire Island Hosta Queen - Added in April. I have cut this one out as well. I should take it to retreat, but that might mean I get neither done...so we'll have to see. Done. Hanging at Cozy Quilt Shop in San Diego for a class that starts in September.

Quilting
1. Winter Wonderland - I got it back and I love it. I posted some pics, and did a blog post.
2. Glacier Star - Handed over to the quilter while I was in Montana. Headed back my way.
3. Mariner's Compass done. Quilted and bound.
4. Compass Rose - done. and blogged. 
5. Meandering Star - done. 
6. Captain's Wheel - at the quilter
7. Celtic Wave Queen - sent to Montana for quilting
8. Flower's for My Wedding Ring - 
9. Scrappy Trip
10. Osprey's Nest - Done.
11. Feathered Star Queen - sent to Montana

Pattern Writing
1. 2014 Block of the Month - starts on January 13th! - Done. started February 13th. whole year worth of patterns have been scheduled!!! We found an issue with these....all of the posts that had been scheduled before the July 1 blogger update were corrupted, so once I get back from Market (or maybe while I am there), I will get these reposted!!! Sorry folks!!!
2. 5 new patterns for spring market - all done!!! 
3. 5 new patterns for fall market - all done!!!

Other projects :
1. Amazon Star finished
2. Pepperdish finished - no change
3. Crackers finished - complete
4. Feathered Star Queen finished - complete
5. Project Destash - current total is --57.25. I should be a lot better on this, but I bought a few things while in Montana, including a couple of large pieces for backings and borders, so I didn't take as much advantage of these as I should have.....


October Sewing Plan
Due to all of the travel plans this month, there will be very little quilting going on, other than some hand work in the car....
I cannot wait until November, and a return to "normal" sewing!!!!
How are you doing on your quilty goals for the year???

Happy Quilting!!!

Catherine

No comments:

Post a Comment