Well, summer is officially over, school is back in session, and the to do list is a bit crazy. I don't know how it happens, but it seems to get busier every month. I keep thinking it can't get busier, and then it does.....
It's full on market prep at the moment. I have all my fabrics picked and the patterns drafted, now just to sew and photograph everything. We're at less than 60 days now, so I really need to get going to get everything back in time.
In terms of sewing and quilting, I have and haven't gotten much done this month. I did spend a week in Montana working on my Paradise in Blooms TOM for 2015. So far, I really like my sample, even if it is a little "unconventional". Interestingly, I thought mine was more "traditional", but it seems to be so different than all of the rest....I chose a light center, while everyone else chose dark....and it is amazing what a difference it makes in terms of what size everything appears. I'm excited to get started on the appliqué portion of this quilt, which i will likely work on while on the road. But other than the appliqué, I likely won't work on this one much between now and Market -- there are just too many other things to do!
So, on that note, back to the project list....
The goals as stated at the new year are in black, amendments (changes/additions, etc) are in blue, and status is red....
1. Captain's Wheel complete and sent to the quilter in February.
2. Celtic Wave (Queen) - Piece Along to start in mid-February! complete and sent to the quilter in July.
3. Flower's for My Wedding Ring - Didn't make much progress on this one this month.
4. Scrappy Trip Layout completed and labeled, just need some time to sew.
5. Osprey's Nest Done. Closed.
6. Hawaiian/Prairie Star - Added in April, I have cut it all out. and I will be taking it on retreat this weekend. So fingers crossed a lot will get accomplished. Got nothing accomplished on this one.....
7. Fire Island Hosta Queen - Added in April. I have cut this one out as well. I should take it to retreat, but that might mean I get neither done...so we'll have to see. Done. Hanging at Cozy Quilt Shop in San Diego for a class that starts in September.
1. Winter Wonderland - I got it back and I love it. I posted some pics, and did a blog post.
2. Glacier Star - Handed over to the quilter while I was in Montana.
3. Mariner's Compass done. Quilted and bound.
4. Compass Rose - done. and blogged.
5. Meandering Star - done.
6. Captain's Wheel - at the quilter
7. Celtic Wave Queen - sent to Montana for quilting
8. Flower's for My Wedding Ring -
9. Scrappy Trip
10. Osprey's Nest - Done.
1. 2014 Block of the Month - starts on January 13th! - Done. started February 13th. whole year worth of patterns have been scheduled!!! Yippee!!! Have you been following along???
2. 5 new patterns for spring market - all done!!! I'll be introing all of the patterns over the next few weeks.
3. 5 new patterns for fall market - 3/5 done!!!
Other projects :
1. Amazon Star finished
2. Pepperdish finished - worked on this one, I am in the middle of the curved piecing, once that is finished this one is complete.
3. Crackers finished - complete
4. Feathered Star Queen finished - complete
5. Project Destash - current total is --57.25. I should be a lot better on this, but I bought a few things while in Montana, including a couple of large pieces for backings and borders, so I didn't take as much advantage of these as I should have.....
September Sewing Plan
September Sewing is all about Market. I need to finish piecing one quilt a week every week in September! So, back to the grindstone.
How are you doing on your quilty goals for the year???