Friday, August 1, 2014

August Already ????

Can it be that summer is almost over. It is already August, and school starts in just a few weeks (and for a few in just 10 days). I can't quite believe how quickly the summer has passed and how quickly we will be in the throws of fall. Market and festival will be there before we know it, and the "90 day window" -- the 90 days before market when life is basically insane. A full teaching schedule, a crazy fall work schedule, shows, and market prep all occur at the same time, and I must say it is the time of year when things get a little crazy....

I've done lots of weird things this month, lots of business things and not a lot of sewing, and of course sewing for the next few months will consist of super secret sewing and project deadlines, and photography and pattern writing and editing and all those things that have to be done for market.

The goals as stated at the new year are in black, amendments (changes/additions, etc) are in blue, and status is red....

Piecing
1. Captain's Wheel complete and sent to the quilter, I was expecting it back this month, but alas, it didn't happen, hopefully this month....
2. Celtic Wave (Queen) - Piece Along to start in mid-February! Sent to Montana for quilting. It's about a 3 month wait at this point. No change.
3. Flower's for My Wedding Ring - Got all of my fabrics picked, my backgrounds cut out, and am ready to get started with piecing. (No change since last month). This month I managed to get about half of the rings pieced, so making good progress on this one. I didn't get anything done in August....but I am demoing this at the Portland Show, so perhaps I will get some progress made.
4. Scrappy Trip (80 pairs prepped), 8 blocks finished (no change since last month). I made lots of progress this month. I managed to get 25 blocks completed, and another 2 dozen prepped in regular cottons, so it's assembly time!!! I haven't really done anything since last month....I have gotten them out and played with layout, but no decisions made.
5. Osprey's Nest Done. Closed.
6. Hawaiian/Prairie Star - Added in April, I have cut it all out. and I will be taking it on retreat this weekend. So fingers crossed a lot will get accomplished. Got nothing accomplished on this one.....
7. Fire Island Hosta Queen - Added in April. I have cut this one out as well. I should take it to retreat, but that might mean I get neither done...so we'll have to see. I managed to get most of the components made on this one....just have the outer borders left to cut out, and then do all of the curved piecing assembly and the veins....All piecing is done, and this one is ready for a little bloggy introduction.


Quilting
1. Winter Wonderland - I got it back and I love it. I posted some pics, and did a blog post.
2. Glacier Star - I finally got this one back, and a backing made, so I will take it to Montana with me in a few weeks 
3. Mariner's Compass done. Quilted and bound.
4. Compass Rose - done. and blogged. 
5. Meandering Star - done. 
6. Captain's Wheel - at the quilter
7. Celtic Wave Queen - sent to Montana for quilting
8. Flower's for My Wedding Ring - 
9. Scrappy Trip
10. Osprey's Nest - Done.

Pattern Writing
1. 2014 Block of the Month - starts on January 13th! - Done. started February 13th. whole year worth of patterns have been scheduled!!! Yippee!!! Have you been following along???
2. 5 new patterns for spring market - all done!!! I'll be introing all of the patterns over the next few weeks.
3. 5 new patterns for fall market - 3/5 done!!!

Other projects :
1. Amazon Star finished
2. Pepperdish finished - worked on this one, I am in the middle of the curved piecing, once that is finished this one is complete.
3. Crackers finished - complete
4. Feathered Star Queen finished - complete
5. Project Destash - current total is -51.25


August Sewing Plan
My August Sewing plan is very small, since the month is super busy....I have a couple of shows, and a Certified Retreat and a million things to do, so I have no real intended finishes this month. I'll be working on Paradise Blooms at retreat, so I will get some of that done, though I have no real thoughts that I will get it all done while at retreat....

If I have some time, I'll be working on some finish projects, rather than any new ones....I really want to work on my Pepperdish, I've been working on that one for so long, and I really want to get it finished and checked off on the list.


How are you doing on your quilty goals for the year???

Happy Quilting!!!

Catherine

No comments:

Post a Comment