Tuesday, July 1, 2014

And then June was over

I feel like I was writing my May summary just yesterday, so how can June already be over? It was a slower month on the teaching schedule, and busier on the home front. Gabi's christening was last weekend, and I made her dress (posts and pics to come, I promise). I managed to get a bunch of homework done....the paperwork stuff that is just no fun. But it is done, which is what is important.

Of course, I also have a stash reduction plan which officially started on May 1st, and as per normal, priorities constantly change....so here's how it has changed and what we have happening around here....


The goals as stated at the new year are in black, amendments (changes/additions, etc) are in blue, and status is red....

Piecing
1. Captain's Wheel complete and sent to the quilter, due back next week
2. Celtic Wave (Queen) - Piece Along to start in mid-February! Sent to Montana for quilting. It's about a 3 month wait at this point. 
3. Flower's for My Wedding Ring - Got all of my fabrics picked, my backgrounds cut out, and am ready to get started with piecing. (No change since last month). This month I managed to get about half of the rings pieced, so making good progress on this one.
4. Scrappy Trip (80 pairs prepped), 8 blocks finished (no change since last month). I made lots of progress this month. I managed to get 25 blocks completed, and another 2 dozen prepped in regular cottons, so it's assembly time!!!
5. Osprey's Nest Done. Closed.
6. Hawaiian/Prairie Star - Added in April, I have cut it all out. and I will be taking it on retreat this weekend. So fingers crossed a lot will get accomplished. Got nothing accomplished on this one.....
7. Fire Island Hosta Queen - Added in April. I have cut this one out as well. I should take it to retreat, but that might mean I get neither done...so we'll have to see. I managed to get most of the components made on this one....just have the outer borders left to cut out, and then do all of the curved piecing assembly and the veins....


Quilting
1. Winter Wonderland - on the way back from the quilter (I got the shipping notice on Friday).
2. Glacier Star - this one remains on display for classes, so I have no idea when I will get it to send it to the quilter.
3. Mariner's Compass done. Quilted and bound.
4. Compass Rose - on its way home via USPS.
5. Meandering Star - done. 
6. Captain's Wheel - at the quilter
7. Celtic Wave Queen - sent to Montana for quilting
8. Flower's for My Wedding Ring - 
9. Scrappy Trip
10. Osprey's Nest - Done.

Pattern Writing
1. 2014 Block of the Month - starts on January 13th! - Done. started February 13th. whole year worth of patterns have been scheduled!!! Yippee!!! Have you been following along???
2. 5 new patterns for spring market - all done!!! I'll be introing all of the patterns over the next few weeks.
3. 5 new patterns for fall market - 3/5 done!!!

Other projects :
1. Amazon Star finished
2. Pepperdish finished - worked on this one, I am in the middle of the curved piecing, once that is finished this one is complete.
3. Crackers finished - complete
4. Feathered Star Queen finished - complete
5. Project Destash - current total is -34.25

July's Plan is a bit small, as I have a lot going on this month. I am teaching in Porterville next week mid week, along with my usual teaching schedule, and this is the final month to get ready for the Portland show in August and my Montana visit (also i August), so a lot of preparations going on this month. I am hoping to have all of my new patterns finalized and ready for the printers (no more last minute madness like last year!). I would like to get the following done....

1. Pepperdish
2. Fire Island Hosta.

And now that I have stated my goals for the year, they are bound to change. Market was amazing, the things that I got to see where fantastic, and I didn't even attend in person, just vicariously!!! I'll be demoing some new things, and working on some new things.....if you want to see them more often than I blog, make sure to follow me on Instagram @queeniequilts as I tend to update every day or so (though I must admit there are an awful lot of Penny candids in there......

How are you doing on your quilty goals for the year???

Happy Quilting!!!

Catherine

No comments:

Post a Comment