Tuesday, April 1, 2014

March Roundup


So, it's the end of March...how did that happen??? It was crazy busy, I must admit, and I got a lot done, even if it wasn't what I had intended to do....funny how that happens. March was all about the Madness around here, although not the basketball kind. I finished a bunch of hangers on projects, and published some patterns, and did lots and lots of paperwork (because it is that time of year you know)....it's been super exciting to see some of the new fabrics that are starting to pop up, and get new yardage in for the shop, and to start to see the paper renderings of the fabrics that we will see at Market. There are a couple of lines that are outside of my standard repertoire that I might break down and order.....even if they only get used by me....sad right??? But they are SO cute!!! But we can talk about that in another post, next week, today is about progress against goals and accountability for all of the things that I need to get done......

I had pretty big plans for this year, somehow they have morphed a bit, but I am generally okay with that since I was apparently both more and less efficient than I imagined....

The goals as stated at the new year are in black, amendments (changes/additions, etc) are in blue, and status is red....

Piecing
1. Captain's Wheel complete and sent to the quilter
2. Celtic Wave (Queen) - Piece Along to start in mid-February! QAL in process, Bag #3 finished, assembly started yesterday.
3. Flower's for My Wedding Ring - Got all of my fabrics picked, my backgrounds cut out, and am ready to get started with piecing.
4. Scrappy Trip (65 pairs prepped), 2 blocks finished
5. Osprey's Nest All bags finished, working on the curved piecing, about 1/3 of the way finished with the curves, should finish this up later this week, and then sew the rows together.

Quilting
1. Winter Wonderland - sent to the quilter
2. Glacier Star - this one remains on display for classes, so I have no idea when I will get it to send it to the quilter.
3. Mariner's Compass done. Quilted and bound.
4. Compass Rose - sent to the quilter
5. Meandering Star - done. Got this one back this month, and got it bound and even blogged about it !!!!
6. Captain's Wheel - at the quilter
7. Celtic Wave Queen - 
8. Flower's for My Wedding Ring
9. Scrappy Trip
10. Osprey's Nest

Pattern Writing
1. 2014 Block of the Month - starts on January 13th! - Done. started February 13th. whole year worth of patterns have been scheduled!!! Yippee!!! Have you been following along???
2. 5 new patterns for spring market - 2 totally done and published (I'll be blogging about them later this week).
3. 5 new patterns for fall market

Other projects :
1. Amazon Star finished
2. Pepperdish finished
3. Crackers finished
4. Feathered Star Queen finished
5. Project Destash

Last month I mentioned an intended big move, and that is indeed happening in April, so I suspect the next month should be fairly quiet on the quilty front, but I promise to update you on how it's going!

How are you doing on your quilty goals for the year???

Happy Quilting!!!

Catherine

No comments:

Post a Comment