Friday, September 6, 2013

Spotlight : Golden Harvest

Golden Harvest is a great beginner Judy pattern....when you don't want a huge investment, but you want to learn the techniques.......It has 6 of the 12 techniques, and best of all, the curves are nice and soft, so they are easy to piece!!!

Here's my version....are you seeing a pattern of purple and turquoise, yet. I have to admit they are my favorite, so they are in lots of my quilts.....

before quilting....

and once it was quilted. 
It's not very clean in the pics, but the boarder is pieced as well, which I love. It also makes it really easy to assemble, which is always a plus!!!



Here are a few of my other favorite versions....


A red, white and blue version that shoes off the pieced border and sawtooth inner border.



A blue and brown version that makes a great wall hanging!!! Love the stripey border look.




This one belongs to one of the other CI's -- I love the darker purple wrapper that she used.




A three fabric version. Easy, simple and striking.


A Kaffe Version -- click and look at the fabrics on this one, the stripes are really subtly striking.



Happy Quilting!!!!


Catherine

No comments:

Post a Comment