Monday, July 30, 2018

What have you been up to????

Watching - NCIS -- a new episode set appeared on Netflix, and I was feeling like I had missed something, so I went back a season, and realized that I was still lost, so I must have another watcher in the house who watched some without me, so I decided to go back to the beginning and rewatch them all! So far, I am only a few seasons in, and these episodes I remember still, though there are always things that you notice the second time around that you didn't notice last time, so it's been fun listening to episodes while I work on things around the house.

Craving - Cinnamon blueberry goat cheese. We found some by accident at Costco at Easter time and it was amazing, but I haven't found it again and of course it is all I want lately.  

Doing - lots of chores -- laundry, decluttering, cleaning, etc, etc, etc -- all really boring stuff - just like last time that I posted.

Obsessing - over minimalism and getting organized -- I've realized the more I learn about minimalism the less I like true minimalism. I don't want the rigor or true minimalism, but I want just the right amount of things for my life. SO, I want to collect things that bring me join and have a benefit for my life, but minimize the things that don't. SO, my collections are being paired down if they don't bring me joy. 

Loving - my new workout regemine -- I started doing yoga a few weeks ago, and while I am absolutely horrible at it, it is proving challenging, which is what I need lately. 

Reading - High Performance Habits by Brendon Burchard and Feng Shui in the West. Both are proving very interesting. I also renewed my library card, lately I have realized that I want to enjoy books, but not collect them. I've bought books for years, and then my shelves get over loaded and I end up giving the books to the library. I realized it would be more efficient to rent the ones from the library that I can get, and but only the ones I can't, and then once i am finished return everything (including the one I bought) to the library. I also realized that it makes more sense to put all of my notes on the computer that in journals and binders, and I'll leave the journals for my thoughts and prayers, as they are more time specific, and my notes from books need to be more searchable.

Wanting - to spend a ton of money on the new Erin Condren planners -- but I am being a good girl, and not. Still resisting. 

Pinning - lots of organizing and Feng Shui information

Dreaming - about eventually being organized -- and having a house that looks like the Clean Mama house (seriously her pantry is amazing)!

Writing - about all of my goals and dreams. I spoke with my uncle on Saturday and we actually talked about writing your obituary. We had both heard or read about making your best life by writing your obituary. That is knowing what you want said about you at your death you get a better idea of what you want to accomplish in life. I haven't done it yet, but I'm going to. Yes, it's weird, and more than a bit morbid, but if it clarifies what you want to achieve and how you want to be remembered by the world, then you have a blueprint for your life, which sounds awesome. So, we'll see if I can get over my fear and do it or not. Wish me luck!!! and a strong stomach!

Crafting - handouts and layouts for some new items for classes. I finally mapped them all out and am super excited about them. They will release on September 1st with all of the classes after September 1st everyone will get their new stuff. Super excited to release them, now I need to sort out the stickers and badges that go with before September 1st.

Sewing - lots of samples. Harbored Lighthouse, and the new TOM are in process, as well as continuing to work on the #100days100blocks Tula Pink City Sampler challenge.

Knitting - I haven't done much lately, I've been too preoccupied with other things.

Listening - to podcasts on stitching, freezer meals and budgeting -- nothing new there!!!!

Wearing - my typical uniform -- jeans, t-shirts, and the ever present Merrel sandals that I love.

Needing - a little cleaning inspiration. I've been a bit lazy lately and need to up my game and get some things done.

Planning - a massive cleanup of the office. I did a huge sale on patterns and fabrics last week in preparation to close the shop on August 15th, and I audited the fridge, freezer and pantry as part of the meal planning for August (which I did this morning). Next up -- the office and the garage, starting with the office.

Trying - some new HIIT regimen that I have been adding to my workouts. They are really different and kind of not what I thought in terms of the circuits, but they are building strength and muscle. 

So -- that sums up the crazy that is my life as of late, what have you been up to??? Do you have big projects in process??? 

No comments:

Post a Comment