Tuesday, July 17, 2018

UFO Management 101

How many UFOs do you have? I have WAY TOO MANY. I haven't counted, and the reality is I probably haven't even found them all, it seems that every time I open a box I find another one that I had put away for safe keeping. I've kept really good records on all of my Judy's that I have going and what they cost, as part of my business plan and management, but when it comes to ones for me and for fun, I haven't kept a real list.

I know the count of finished ones is well over 300, but I am certain there are more. And that number doesn't include little projects, like wallhangings and pillow cases, pillow shams and pot holders. Nor does it include the half finished or blocks but no borders or other various statuses of finished items.

So, step 1 -- as part of stash management 101, find all of the open projects and decide if I am going to actually finish them, or hand them over to someone in the guild who will. Once that is done, it's getting the official spreadsheet treatment, and getting treated just like my Judy quilts. No, I don't need to know the costs on those or the exact timings when things were completed, but it's nice information to have if possible if for no other reason that to know their "number", and it's time to start numbering my quilts officially. I'll be starting with 301, since I know there are at least 300 out in the wild.

Once I have them all documented I really need to get them prioritized and then get them worked on.

SO, wish me luck!

1 comment: