Monday, January 4, 2016

An Hour a Day

So -- it's the New Year, and like most people, I made a few resolutions.....most of which revolve around my Word of the Year - Balance....starting immediately, I'm going to be participating in a personal challenge to find a little more balance. You see, in my life, I am really a much nicer person if I get a chance to sew every day. For some people, exercise is a great stress reduction tool, for some people it's a glass of wine....for me, it's the hum of the sewing machine and the small vibration of the sewing table. I'm just a nicer, kinder, gentler person when I have done some self care. So, effective immediately, I want to sew every day, that's right every single day.

Now, I realize that this a is fairly ridiculous resolution, that sewing every day isn't particularly practical, or possible, given the schedule and my current commitment load, so my real goal is 8 hours a week, which equates to 68.5 minutes per day.....so, roughly an hour a day.....over a week period. with a few stipulations....

To qualify for inclusion in the days tally, the activity must relate to a current prioritized project, which means it has to be a) one of the UFOs on my list, b) some deadline sewing for a class, market or sample, or 3) preparation for a future sewing date -- cutting fabrics, prepping papers, selecting thread, etc, etc, etc....so essentially anything in the sewing room aside from cleaning it would qualify.

I haven't decided quite how I'm going to keep myself accountable for these hours or minutes of sewing, so for the meantime, I'll just be posting on instagram daily, and once a week or so, I'll update this forum.

If you want to play along, please post to instagram using the hashtag #1houraday.

Priority 1 for my #1houraday is working on my Rocky Mountain Bear Claw table runner. So, I'm off to the machine to start now.

See you tomorrow with some Bear Claw love.


Catherine

No comments:

Post a Comment