Saturday, September 6, 2014

Make A List Monday

This week promises to be super busy, and since I will be away at retreat over the weekend, it will also be very short. Fortunately, I will get time to sew over the weekend, and somehow I am always super productive at retreat, so it looks like an awesome week is ahead!! We'll be retreating at the beach, which I have never done before, so I am looking forward to some beach walks, and beautiful sunsets, and maybe a sunrise, or two (though, based upon my recents sleep patterns, mornings are not my friend).

The guild returns from summer hiatus on Monday evening, and it will be good to see everyone again after a three month break. Plus we have a great speaker and workshop lined up. Monday is also a big mail day schedule wise, with several new patterns set to arrive, and several packed up and ready to go out the door for quilting!

Which leaves Tuesday as errand day, and laundry day, and retreat prep day (cutting, bagging, packing). I am tired just thinking about all the planning. Luckily, Lauren is prepping most of the food, so that I can eat relatively healthy while we are gone, and other than a few healthy snacks that I plan to bring, I don't need to do a lot of that planning work.

This past weekend was fun, I was at Cotton and Chocolate in Thousand Oaks. I taught beginner paper piecing on Friday, and Fire Island Hosta on Saturday. Sunday was an open sew day, working on any Judy you wanted. Several people brought in finished tops, which is always nice to see!


This one is Ilsa's Mariner's Compass, she left out the inner boxes and I love the way the inner side of the border defines the box....and the colors are scrumptious....this picture really doesn't do it a bit of justice.....


this beauty is Marilyn's Mariner's Compass. And it is a stunner. She spent a lot of time getting the perfect fabric for the borders to ensure that they didn't overwhelm the quilt!!!


This one belongs to Judy, and it is the smaller size of the Mariner's Compass. She mismatched the ropes (1 red, 1 green) and left off the boxes. The fabrics are all Christmas Favorites, for a total of 5 fabrics in this one. It has a really sophisticated simplicity to it, which I love.

I love going to class and having people stop by for show and tell, even it they aren't Judy quilts....this one was made by Judy who is working diligently on stash reduction. She is much much much more diligent than me....


The next class at Cotton and Chocolate is on October 4th (Fire Island Hosta) and 5th (open Jusy Work Day). We are also adding a beginner class on Monday, October 6th. Make sure you call the shop to sign up!


Happy Sewing! 

Catherine



No comments:

Post a Comment