Saturday, June 21, 2014

Saturday, June 21

Well, it's been a busy one today. I got tons done. I ran errands early, then stopped by our local quilt store, to drop off some flyers and patterns. Of course, while I was there, I had to get some yummies....

This one to be exact...


It's the new Tonga Treats Strip grouping called Cabana. I love the colors and the prints. I'm going to make a Willow Bedrunner out of it. After I finish my Fire Island Hosta. 

We also had a fitting for Gabi's Christening gown. Her party is next Sunday, and I am happy to say I just need to put the buttons on and it will be finished. It is adorable, and was fun to work on. Though I remember now why I only sew flat things.....pleats and gathers and body shapes are really not much fun....but thankfully, it was an easy and quick sew once I got it cut out. I didn't get any really good pictures of it since I finished it late at night, but I will get some this week and post here. 

Tomorrow is a teaching day....I will be at Cozy Quilt shop in Rancho San Diego teaching Osprey's Nest.


I'll try to post some class pictures late tomorrow...

I received my auto shipment of the Vintage Compass pattern on Friday, so I played with color ways....right now I am headed towards a sunshiny color palette. I am really making a concerted effort to make things without purple or turquoise, since those are my favorites, a lot of my quilt end up purple and turquoise....here's my current version...


What are you working on?

Happy quilting!!

Catherine







No comments:

Post a Comment