Wednesday, July 31, 2013

July Status Update

Well, Summer is almost over, and it's time to do a quick check-in on the goals that I set for the year....


1. Finish a new pattern every month for QQ. That's 12 new patterns released in 2013. I am a little behind here.....6 are finished-finished, and ready for publication, and #7 is stuck in design. I know exactly what setting I want for it, but I can't figure out how to do it without tricky borders, so I may have to put this one away for a while and come back to it when I am nice and fresh. Funny how taking a break from something often brings back the creative juices. 
2. Finish a new Judy quilt every quarter. That is 4 quilts this year. Specifically, I will be working on Coxscomb, Farmer's Star, Feathered Star and Celtic Wave. And the Glacier Star -- because I need to get that one done for teaching purposes......I've cut out all of these, but only worked on the Feathered Star so far......I got a little distracted with other projects. I finished Glacier Star and Mariner's Compass.
3. Attend 2 Judy events -- Asilomar in March, and Montana in August....moved August to September due to a scheduling issue, but I am still going!!!
4. Teach 2 Judy classes or retreats each month. - on track for this one.  
5. Finish up a bunch of Judy quilts that just need final touches -- quilting, binding, borders - Touch of Spring (quilting, complete), Cappuccino Party for 4 (quilting, complete), MiniStars (quilting, complete), Summer Solstice (Borders, back from the quilter, just needs binding added), Amazon Star (borders), Pepperdish (applique), 3 Ducks in a Row (borders).
6. Blog more regularly -- I finally figured out the scheduling feature, so that should help!! My goal is three times a week. Getting there on this one. I have some new fun things planned for the fall, including some linky parties and some giveaways!!!!
7. Learn how to use instagram. Done.
8. Learn how to code in XML for the website. Done. Just did a ton of updates on the website, including a new feature for a monthly newsletter.
9. Sew every day -- even of it is only for 10 minutes, or one section of binding! I really should do some binding prep work to have some projects ready to go for this!!!!.....Getting better on this one, I've prepped a bunch of bindings and mini-projects to work on these.

No comments:

Post a Comment