Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Hawaiian Star/Prairie Star

Have you ever done this pattern??? It's original colorway is named Hawaiian Star, and had green, orange and turquoise with a light blue background,  but when those fabrics were no longer available, Judy designed a new colorway for it, called Prairie Star....I can't decide which one I like best!!!





The bright Hawaiian version is more my quilting style, but the Prairie Star is much more in line with me house.....decisions, decisions, decisions. I think I have decided that this is going to be my project for my retreat with Judy in September. I'm just taking one project, so that I will stay the course, and get something finished. I am hoping to have it all cut out and prepped before I depart, but that is a pretty tall order at this point, so we will see how it goes......


I leave you with a student's version -- in Violet and Green. Special Thanks to Patty Benner Young for sharing her quilt with us at Cotton and Chocolate a few weeks. She was lucky enough to take the class from Judy at Asilomar in April!!!!




Still packing for the Long Beach Show -- countdown is 2 days!!!


Happy Quilting!
Cat

No comments:

Post a Comment