Saturday, December 1, 2012

Weekend Fun during the middle of the Week

So, it's Saturday again....how did a whole week go by? It's crazy how lively things are around here. Christmas decorating, major house cleaning (the behind the furniture serious cleaning), movie viewing, baby shower throwing, quilt making. Pretty much a little bit of everything housey and quilty around here.

I've been lucky enough to be home early most nights since thanksgiving, since most of my committees and commitments are "dark" during December, there haven't really been any real "after work" committments, which means more sewing time for me. So, in my "spare time" I have had a chance to work on the website, the shop, and general sewing that I wouldn't normally get to during the week.

So, here re dome pics from those "free hours".....

My trip to Hoffman Fabrics in Aliso Viejo.....some color cards (for finding the perfect match!).....




 and some sample yardage to play with/design with.....The newest Bali Pre-Cuts are from the 1895 collections (above) in color ways of yellow, orange, red (called Red Hots), greens (called Taffy), Piks and Purples (called Kool-Aid), blues (Breakers), Browns (caramel) and Blacks (Licorice). I was lucky enough to snag a few for samples.....Licorice Bali Pops from G6 (spring 2013 delivery). and some crackers (10" squares) in Breakers (blues) and Caramel (browns). I have already broken into the Bali Pop, and have been steadily working on a sample for that one, look out for it soon.



I've also spent quite a bit of time this week working on my Mariner's Compass....joining all of the units and sewing the final few seams.....here's the feathered star units....

and the backgrounds....


just the final sails to add and I will be all done, and ready to send it to the quilter!!!! Hopefully that will happen this weekend, after all of the decorating, cleaning and bill paying fun!!!!

Happy quilting!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment