Sunday, April 7, 2019

How Did It Get to April???

Seriously folks, where did March go???

I swear it was just yesterday that I declared my knitting plans for the year..and then fell off the face of the earth. It's been really busy at work. Travel is even busier than normal, and while I have been enjoying it, the travel is brutal! Seriously, I love to travel, but weekly travel and no time at home is hard on the mind. I've been feeling like I am letting the boys down since I'm not home to make dinner, and I can't even discuss how dirty the house is. Keeping up with the house has become my full time hobby. I've always been a clean as you go type -- a little today, a little tomorrow, rather than spending all day Saturday cleaning (which I hated as a child). I'd rather clean a little every day than all day one day. And yet, that has become my Sunday thing...laundry, cleaning and cooking for the week. With a full teaching schedule on Saturdays, that leaves very little time for sewing. I have to admit I miss my nightly sewing ritual. While I have been able to do some handwork (and some knitting) in the hotel during the week, I have had limited prep time and am very quickly running out of items that I can work on. I've done all of the binding, and all of the turned applique, and am soon left with nothing except turning hexies.

Other than that, it has been a good month. The taxes are done, and they weren't as bad, or as painful as I had imagined they could be. Work was good but busy. Quilting classes were busy and fun, and retreat preparation remains in full swing. I can't believe we will be in Montana on retreat in a little over 6 weeks. It's crunch time for that at the moment, all the last minute stuff that needs to be handled. Thankfully, the last of the goodie bag components arrived last week, so I can start assembling those next weekend.

I have so many things that I want to tell you, and so many things I want to talk about, so many plans and ideas to discuss, but I'm just not sure how to go about it....Life has changed so much in the last few years and I feel like by blog should adapt as those things adapt...that Queenie Quilts isn't all that I am. Yes, Queenie Quilts is part of me, and always will be. But life is bigger than that. Soon enough I will figure it out...will I blog separately about my many interests, or try to do them all together on one blog. Would anyone care, or be interested in seeing more about my life? So many things to consider, evaluate and make decisions about....what do you think??? Would you want to see more about budgeting? cooking? freezer meals? Part of me wants to just talk freely here, and part of me wants to do separate blogs...so I'm just testing things out.

So, until I make a final decision, you may see any number of things here on the blog...

Catherine 

1 comment: