Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Stash Management - March Report

Well, life has gotten a little crazy and I have gotten a little lazy about my stash management this month. I did really well last year, I bought very few items, and only items that I really needed, but I've gotten a bit lazy lately and really need to get back on track. Starting now. So, here's the march report.



March Stash Management Report 

I went a little wild this month -- there are so many new things coming out that I NEEDED...you know all about that. I lost my head and bought the new Harry Potter line from Andover....specifically, I bought RavenClaw and Slytherin badges on white, the Marauder's Map on cream, and several other cream based backgroundy prints -- snitches, badges, Hedwig, dragons, hand drawn characters. They are so cute, but they have no plan. As in zero plans, which of course means I got lots of yardage because I had no plan. But that only explains my slip at Sew 'n Sew in Glendora. I also had a slip at the Orange Quilt Bee -- granted several of the items I bought I actually needed. I needed binding for my Twinkle Star, and for my Fractured Paintbox. I did not need the new Robert Kaufman bali roll....but it was so pretty I had to have it. And finally I bought backing for Josh's quilt. That I got at Rosie's last Sunday, as it was the only 108" wide backing in reproduction fabrics that I could find. Which leaves the stash status for 2019 as follows :


New Purchases In March:
Batiks:           6 yards
Cottons:         22 yards
Wide backs:   3 yards
Precuts:          1 Batik roll


Next up : making sewing plans for the rest of April.....

No comments:

Post a Comment