Monday, February 8, 2016

Make a List Monday

Well, it's Monday!!! Welcome to make a list Monday. If you haven't been here before, it's where I make out my list of things to do for the week and then get to work on them. I come back next Monday and tell you whether I got them done or not.....

So, my goals for the week were ....

1. Sort projects in the garage....I got that one done!!! I went through 25+ boxes of fabric, and donated over 100 lbs of fabric/projects/books/etc. It was a lot of work, but it was totally worth it!!! It's weird how my tastes have changed in the past 20 years of quilting.....and how some things haven't. It was great to go through everything, and really be honest with yourself and your life, and make some decisions. Some were easy no brainers, and some were a bit tough. Some that I anticipated being tough were easy, and some that I hadn't even remembered existed were hard.....now, before you get worried that I might die from not having any fabric.....I still have 8 - 66 gallon tubs of fabric, 6 of which are batik. So have no fear, there is no fabric shortage here.

2. Organize ruler storage - done!!! I'm not 100% sure that I have found the perfect solution, but I found one for now.

3. Log all of my quilty projects and work on a schedule for the year....I got the list completely made and updated with exact situation for every single project. I didn't get a schedule sorted out, by the time I got them all logged and updated, I was feeling a little overwhelmed, so I stepped away with the intention of coming back to it this week.

4. Work on February Priority Projects. This one didn't happen, I simply ran out of time, and didn't get to it, so, this one will remain on the list this week. I did end up getting a couple of bindings made and put on, but nothing serious.

So, onto this week...

1. I have Photography class Tuesday and Thursday this week, and Puppy Training starts up again on Wednesday, so there won't be much time for sewing during the week....but I am hoping to make up for that on Friday and Saturday evening, with some sewing with friends events (I always find that that helps me get things done!)

2. As for projects -- I am going to focus on Pepperdish this week, and leave it at that, there are several hours of work to get done on that one, so I'm just going to stick with that!!! If I get more time, I'll find something else to work on!!!

3. Domestic Goddess Training.....research on cleaning routines starts this week.....

So, stay tuned and see how I do on my plans for the week.....

No comments:

Post a Comment