Sunday, April 5, 2015

Wedding Ring QAL - Week 7

Week 1&2 February 15th -28th - Project Selection and Supply Attainment -- DONE!!!

Week 3 - March 1 - 7 - Paper Preparation - cut out and bag you papers according to your pattern. - DONE!!!!

Week 4 - March 8 - 14 - Sewing A Arcs - there are multiple sets of these and we are going to spend multiple weeks working on them. Some done.....lots left

Week 5 - March 15-21 - Sewing A Arcs - just keep sewing!!!! I've made some more progress this week, but not nearly as many as I need. I have a little over half of the As complete at this point.

Week 6 - March 22-28 - Sewing B Arcs - just keep going! We got this far, we can do it! See note above. 

Week 7 - March 29 - April 4 - Sewing B Arcs - This week was the last week of Arcs. I am only about 35% complete on the Bs, so I have quite a few left, but I am just going to keep going until I get there.

Week 8 - April 5 - April 11 - Using QW Wedding Ring Rulers - Cutting out backgrounds -- Asteroids and Melons. This week, we are going to be working on cutting out background....depending upon which quilt you are doing, you may be doing 4 patch asteroids (Princess Tiara or Cotton Candy), or X asteroids (Flowers for My Wedding Ring), or even the Bali Wedding Star. 

If you are working on Bali Wedding Star, you will make the CDS and CMS units as per the instructions, and use the templates to help you trim them up.

If you are making X backgrounds, you will stars by cutting 13 1/2 inch squares, and cut them on the diagonal twice.


Then, mix them around....


And sew back together.

Then place the ruler, matching up the center X markings, and cut on all 4 sides.


Remove the center and sew the "leftovers" into melons.



And trim them down.


Do the same with a plus setup for Princess Tiara, Art Deco, or a few others.



I have lots of these, as I often demo the rulers at shows....see, a whole pile of them in a couple different  stages....



So, my homework for this week is done!!!! Guess I will keep working on the As and Bs.Think I can catch up. (Don't hold your breath!)

Week 9 - April 12 - April 18 - Pieced Asteroids and Melons

Week 10 - April 19 - April 25 - Assembly

Week 11 - April 26 - May 2 - Assembly

Week 12 - May 3 - May 9 - Assembly

Week 13 - May 10 - May 16 - Assembly

Week 14 - May 17 - May 23 - Applique - Fused

Week 15 - May 24 - May 31 - Applique - Hand Turned

How are you coming along on this project??

Catherine

No comments:

Post a Comment