Well, 2014 is officially over. I can't quite believe it is gone. The time flew tis year, and if the end of 2014 is any indication, 2015 will be just as wild....but more on that later.....this post is about what we got finished and what we didn't. We'll have another post later this week that outlines what I want to accomplish for 2015....
It was a pretty good month, while there were a lot of parties, there was not a lot of teaching due to the Christmas season. It was nice to see family, hang out on couches while knitting, and just generally have fun for a while. I worked quite a bit, but it wasn't the frantic stay up all night to get things done type (which I now need to make up for by speccing some time frantic all sewing).
So, on that note, back to the project list....
The goals as stated at the new year are in black, amendments (changes/additions, etc) are in blue, and status is red....
1. Captain's Wheel complete and sent to the quilter in February. I'm about to send a search party for this one!
2. Celtic Wave (Queen) - Piece Along to start in mid-February! complete and sent to the quilter in July.
3. Flower's for My Wedding Ring - For the first time in 6 months or so I actually worked on this one, I got a couple of ring sets done (though not enough to assemble anything yet).
4. Scrappy Trip This one is on the design wall, just need to spend some quality time with it. It is still on the design wall.
5. Osprey's Nest Done. Closed.
6. Hawaiian/Prairie Star - Added in April, I have cut it all out. and I will be taking it on retreat this weekend. So fingers crossed a lot will get accomplished. Got nothing accomplished on this one.....
7. Fire Island Hosta Queen - Added in April. I have cut this one out as well. I should take it to retreat, but that might mean I get neither done...so we'll have to see. Done.
1. Winter Wonderland - I got it back and I love it. I posted some pics, and did a blog post.
2. Glacier Star - Handed over to the quilter while I was in Montana. Headed back my way.
3. Mariner's Compass done. Quilted and bound.
4. Compass Rose - done. and blogged.
5. Meandering Star - done.
6. Captain's Wheel - at the quilter.
7. Celtic Wave Queen - sent to Montana for quilting
8. Flower's for My Wedding Ring -
9. Scrappy Trip
10. Osprey's Nest - Done.
11. Feathered Star Queen - sent to Montana
1. 2014 Block of the Month - starts on January 13th! - Done. started February 13th. whole year worth of patterns have been scheduled!!! We found an issue with these....all of the posts that had been scheduled before the July 1 blogger update were corrupted, so once I get back from Market (or maybe while I am there), I will get these reposted!!! Sorry folks!!! Almost done with this one!
2. 5 new patterns for spring market - all done!!!
3. 5 new patterns for fall market - all done!!!
Other projects :
1. Amazon Star finished
2. Pepperdish finished - no change
3. Crackers finished - complete
4. Feathered Star Queen finished - complete
5. Project Destash - current total as of October 30th is --57.25. November - didn't use much this month, and I went on a shopping spree (or 4).Got some new project fabrics for the family while I was in Nebraska -- 30 yards total for specific projects, which I will cut out and work on later this month!!! Hopefully, this month will be a big one in the fabric busting world! I have big plans!!! With a quieter teaching schedule and some free time, I am determined to get some things done.
December Sewing Plan
1. Stormy Seas QAL - done.
2. finish Disney Swap - piecing done, still need to quilt this guy
3. presents!!!! - done, gifted!
How are your quilty goals going this year??? Have you started thinking about next year??? I have begun thinking about plans for next year....so many things I want to do/finish/work on....there is never enough time/always too many projects, but I really want to get ahold of them this year and get organized once and for all!!! SO stay tuned for more info on those!