Monday, May 5, 2014

Bring on May

I can't believe it's already May....April was crazy, and it's only getting busier around here.I did lose quite a bit of time in April to the move. And though everything is in the house, I still don't feel quite moved in, I haven't found new homes for everything, since this house is set up so differently than the old ones. I know that it will all come together eventually, once I spend enough time at home getting it organized and sorted. In the meantime, I have a bunch of things I really want to get done for the business and a bunch of prep work that I really have to get done for classes in June and July.

Of course, I also have a stash reduction plan which officially started on May 1st, and as per normal, priorities constantly change....so here's how it has changed and what we have happening around here....


The goals as stated at the new year are in black, amendments (changes/additions, etc) are in blue, and status is red....

Piecing
1. Captain's Wheel complete and sent to the quilter
2. Celtic Wave (Queen) - Piece Along to start in mid-February! QAL in process, all blocks complete, now working on assembly.
3. Flower's for My Wedding Ring - Got all of my fabrics picked, my backgrounds cut out, and am ready to get started with piecing. (No change since last month)
4. Scrappy Trip (80 pairs prepped), 8 blocks finished
5. Osprey's Nest All piecing complete, just need to sew the columns together.
6. Hawaiian/Prairie Star - Just added to the list.....because apparently I didn't have enough commitments
7. Fire Island Hosta Queen - Because it is gorgeous.

Quilting
1. Winter Wonderland - sent to the quilter
2. Glacier Star - this one remains on display for classes, so I have no idea when I will get it to send it to the quilter.
3. Mariner's Compass done. Quilted and bound.
4. Compass Rose - at the quilter
5. Meandering Star - done. 
6. Captain's Wheel - at the quilter
7. Celtic Wave Queen - 
8. Flower's for My Wedding Ring - 
9. Scrappy Trip
10. Osprey's Nest - backing made this month

Pattern Writing
1. 2014 Block of the Month - starts on January 13th! - Done. started February 13th. whole year worth of patterns have been scheduled!!! Yippee!!! Have you been following along???
2. 5 new patterns for spring market - all done!!! I'll be introing all of the patterns over the next few weeks.
3. 5 new patterns for fall market

Other projects :
1. Amazon Star finished
2. Pepperdish finished
3. Crackers finished
4. Feathered Star Queen finished
5. Project Destash

And now that I have stated my goals for the year, they are bound to change. I am super excited about the new things that Judy is releasing at market, and I know that I have only seen 10% of them, so I fully expect a LARGE number of changes next month, as new classes get scheduled and new patterns get released. So, the more things change, the more they stay the same.

How are you doing on your quilty goals for the year???

Happy Quilting!!!

Catherine

No comments:

Post a Comment