Monday, November 25, 2013

Captain's Wheel Work-A-Long Week 2

It's week 2 of the Captain's Wheel Work-A-Long. Have you finished your week 1 assignments yet? If not, start there, and join us when you can. If you are new to the work along, never fear, just start at week one, and work up to where you are, don't worry if you can't catch up, just do what you can, when you can. This is really for me to be accountable to get these finished. And it's fun for me to see what all of you are working on. But I don't want the Work-A-Long to be a stresser in your life (because believe me, I UNDERSTAND stress) because quilting should be fun. It should be your place to go to get rid of stress -- not create it. So, no stress, just fun here folks.

This Week is Week 2.
Week 2 - November 25 - December 1 - Fabric Selection
This is the week you select all of your fabric for each position in the quilt. This is my favoritest week of the entire work-a-long. I get to pet my fabrics, marry them to new combinations and GO SHOPPING for the ones that I don't have that are perfect for this quilt. This is also a big decision week for the quilt, since we need 8.25 YARDS of background. I kinda picked my color scheme this weekend....I've been wanting to do this color scheme since I did my Mariner's Compass. I went to Certified Instructor training with the fantastic Lisa McCarthy of Compass Point Quilts, and she used it on her Mariner's, which I promptly drooled over. Then, she had her Mariner's quilted, and it is TO DIE FOR.


See what I mean??? Totally dreamy. Green grass, yellow sun, and blue sky. What could go wrong with that, right???? So, this one is my inspiration colorway. Now, off it stash analyze and decisionize.

Here's my supplies all laid and out ready to get started....5 photocopies of the back of the pattern (I did blow mine up by 25%, it takes up most of an 8 1/2 x 11 sheet), colored pencils, and the trusty prescription of diet coke.



What about you???  What colors are you considering for yours???

So, time to get to work folks!!!! Below is the rest of the schedule, in case you are curious......

Week 3 - December 2 - December 8 - Cutting out your fabrics
Week 4 - Dec 9 - Dec 15 - Sewing Bag 1
Week 5 - Dec 16 - Dec 22 - Sewing Bag 2
Week 6 - Dec 23 - Dec 29 - Sewing Bag 3
Week 7 - Dec 30 - Jan 5 - Sewing Bag 4
Week 8 -Jan 6 - Jan 12 - Sewing Bag 5
Week 9 - Jan 13 - Jan 19 - Sewing Bag 6
Week 10 - Jan 20 - 27 - Putting it all together

Alright. Back to work for me. We'll catch up next Sunday and see how it's going....

Happy Quilting!
Catherine

No comments:

Post a Comment