Thursday, February 28, 2013
Can you believe it? It's already almost March??? The end of the second month of the new year.....which means I am officially 2 months into my word of the year : FOCUS. I must admit that I haven't been as focused as I would have liked, I have been a bit stretched this month at work, and at the quilting job, and in my quest to completely overhaul the quilting/sewing room and the house in general. But my progress just proves that this focus thing really works.....so, in tracking my goals, here's the current status...
This years quilty goals....
1. Finish a new pattern every month for QQ. That's 12 new patterns released in 2013. -- 3 totally completed (binding and everything), 2 at the quilter. This one is looking really good.
2. Finish a new Judy quilt every quarter. That is 4 quilts this year. Specifically, I will be working on Coxscomb, Farmer's Star, Feathered Star and Celtic Wave. And the Glacier Star -- because I need to get that one done for teaching purposes. - Not so much progress on this one this month (thank goodness I was gangbusters on this one last month). Glacier Star units completed : Snowflake, drunken geese (completed in January), Lonestars. Remaining units : outside geese, new york beauty blocks. All the rest have had no progress since last month, however, I am retreating it next week, so should see some good progress on this front next month.
3. Attend 2 Judy events -- Asilomar in March, and Montana in August. - on track, all paid up, only the August flights to book. No change since January.
4. Teach 2 Judy classes or retreats each month. - 5 teaching days in January. 4 completed in February. 3 scheduled for March.
5. Finish up a bunch of Judy quilts that just need final touches -- quilting, binding, borders - Touch of Spring (quilting - done, even blogged about it, binding made), Cappuccino Party for 4 (quilting - done, see future blog post, binding made and added, just hand work left), MiniStars (quilting - done, see future blog post, binding made and added, hand work remaining), Summer Solstice (Borders -- retreat???), Amazon Star (borders), Pepperdish (applique, retreat???), 3 Ducks in a Row (border).
6. Blog more regularly -- I finally figured out the scheduling feature, so that should help!! My goal is three times a week. This post is #6 this month, which is 1.25 times per week. Thankfully, I had 18 in January, so my total is 24, which is an average of 3 per week, just barely. Must be more focused on this.
7. Learn how to use instagram. Done. You can follow me at queeniequilts
8. Learn how to code in XML for the website. Not doing so good here, would it count if I hired someone??? Maybe I should look into that, or maybe I should focus more? Maybe I'll just wait and see how this looks next month and make a decision. I've made a decision on this one, and I am hiring someone. I have too much design work to do to learn how to code. Anyone know a good programmer???
9. Sew every day -- even of it is only for 10 minutes, or one section of binding! I really should do some binding prep work to have some projects ready to go for this!!!! I didn't do so good on this one this month. must work harder.
How are you doing on your 2013 goals??? Have you made in progress??? What are you going to focus on in March to get to your Q1 numbers????