Friday, September 7, 2018

Stash Management Update

Well, I have been diligently working through my stash and projects, I can finally say that I have touched every box, and every bin and every project box. I like to do this review every 2 years or so and get rid of any things that I either don't love or no longer plan to finish. I'm lucky that I belong to a guild and they are always happy to take any books, projects or patterns off of my hands, to either become philanthropy projects or parts of the guild library or as a project for someone who is on a limited quilty income. 

So, it's been a big week in the stash management arena, I completed a couple of projects, and made a couple of backs, so there was lots of yardage headed out the door.

1. Vintage Compass - total yardage for the top = 9.25 yards, including using some gradient panels that were not efficient but are beautiful. 
2. Vintage Compass Backing - 4 yards
3. Winter Wonderland Tablerunner - 4.25 yards
4. Winter Wonderland Backing - 1 yard


Previous status :
Used : 7 yards
Aquired : 0 yards

This week:
Used :  18.5 yards
Aquired : 0 yards
Total :  -25.5 yards

I have a couple more finishes that I am expecting in the next few weeks so I am hoping to be close to 100 yards by the 1st of October. Yes, that is quite a big dent to make in the next 3.5 weeks, but I am determined to get it done. 

How is your stash management going? How do you store your fabric? Do you use bins? or comic book boards? Do you fold your fabric a specific way? Inquiring minds want to know.....

No comments:

Post a Comment