Monday, June 5, 2017

Make a List Monday - June 5 - June 11

 Well it has been a  crazy week here. I got a lot done, but not a lot of the things that I was planning. That seems to be the way it is lately, a million things to do and no time to do it all! This week looks like it will just as busy as last, since I have just a few weeks to get ready to go home for a week to visit the family. First, here's an update on what did and didn't happen last week...

 1. Put binding on 3 quilts. I have three quilts that just need binding and can then be sent off to their new homes. I got the binding sewed on, but did not have a chance to do the hand work, so that will roll over to next week.

2. Make the spike units on my Harbored Lighthouse. I made these, and I don't like them, so I'm auditioning some other fabric combinations to see if I can find something I like better.

3. Add two teeth to my Hitchhiker shawl - it is now to the point that a tooth is about an hour of knitting. - I actually did quite a bit of knitting this week, and managed to get 10 teeth on my hitchhiker, leaving only 8 to go. I don't expect to have a lot of time this week for knitting, since I have some pretty ambitious sewing plans, so I don't see a repeat performance on this one.

So, with as many rollover, I don't have a ton of plans for the week, but here they are:

1. Finish those bindings.

2. Figure out what I am doing for spikes on Harboured Lighthouse and then sew them. Somehow I suspect the selection process will take longer that the actual sewing....

3. Put 2 teeth on my hitchhiker shawl  -- at this point, this is a fair amount of knitting, each tooth takes about 2 hours right now. But it is 3/4 done and it is looking so good and I am so excited!!!! Hopefully my excitement about seeing it finished will translate into knitting progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment