Well, it was a bit of a crazy week....I got a bunch of things done that weren't on the list, and a couple that were.I taught at The Orange Quilt Bee on Saturday, and we had a bunch of finished objects (which are always awesome). I wasn't feeling great on Sunday, and I had some things that had to get done, so I didn't really get much sewing done. I did get a bunch of knitting done (yippee!). So, let's review the plan and see what happened...
1. Finish those bindings. Yeah -- that didn't happen!!!! That's right, the easy simple one didn't get finished. So, that will rollover.
2. Figure out what I am
doing for spikes on Harboured Lighthouse and then sew them. Somehow I
suspect the selection process will take longer that the actual
sewing....My suspicion was correct. I ended up having to order fabric to finish it. I literally auditioned 50+ fabrics and none of them was quite right...so I ordered some fabric, and it will be here Wednesday or Thursday.
3. Put 2 teeth on my hitchhiker shawl -- at
this point, this is a fair amount of knitting, each tooth takes about 2
hours right now. But it is 3/4 done and it is looking so good and I am
so excited!!!! Hopefully my excitement about seeing it finished will
translate into knitting progress. This one is FINISHED!!!! I got it completely finished, or at least as finished as it is going to get. I ended up with 29 teeth total. The pattern calls for 34, but that was just getting too big for what I wanted it for, and I didn't want it oversized because I every shawl that I have is oversized, and that means that they are only wearable in the winter, which is very short here in California.
And for next week...I have some big plans...It is a free weekend, which is pretty rare around here. As a result, I literally have NOTHING to do. Plus, I head out of town the next week for vacation, so there is very little to do in terms of housework, but vacation is all about knitting and crochet time. Since I am traveling, there will be zero sewing, but likely quite a bit of knitting. I even promised to help a friend learn how to knit and crochet, so that should be fun!!!
But before we talk about vacation week, let's talk next week :
1. Quilt 3 projects -- these will go on the longarm this week. One lightening quilt and two tablerunners.
2. Bind 4 quilts - because the three from last week (and the week before) plus 1 of those tablerunners above (which is a gift for vacation). I see a binge watching session of The Fosters on Saturday to get those done.
3. Harboured Lighthouse Spikes - sew these on Sunday. No need to grocery shop, or meal plan or anything else, so I am planning on chaining myself to the machine until I get some sewing done.
4. Knitting - figure out a knitting plan for vacation -- I can't decide what I want to work on....I have so many items that I really want in the queue....and I need to get the initial cast on completed before I get on the plane....
Southern Spirit by Joji Locatelli
These three have pretty similar yardage requirements, and I have enough to make this collection work....
What are you working on this week???