Sunday, February 1, 2015

January's Over??? How???

Seriously, how did it get to be February 1st??? I swear it was January 1st last weekend.....It's been a crazy month, with a new job that started on the 6th, and a full teaching/class/show schedule. I can't believe how crazy the month has been. So, not a lot of progress this month, but hopefully, February will be a little smoother (and less tiring).

January updates are in Red.
Certified Instructor Stuff
1. Tea Time Placemats - make a new set of samples. My originals became Christmas presents for someone who LOVED them. So I need new samples of this new and very popular class. Got the pieces completed, but haven't added the veins yet. Hoping to get to that this week.
2. Paradise in Blooms TOM sample - in process. All the pieces are done, but the final assembly remains outstanding.
3. Prairie Pinwheels New Sample in Batiks - picked the fabrics
4. Urban Candy Quilt by Sew Kind of Wonderful - done and quilted. Hung at Road to California last week.
5. Flowers for My Wedding Ring Sample - Ring sets all done and ready to be trimmed.
6. Prairie Star Sample #2
7. Amazon Star Sample #2
8. Winter Wonderland Sample #3 - non Christmas fabrics (both other samples are Christmas)
9. Fractured Paint Box
10. build the business to teach 20 days a month - January 5 days of classes completed

Queenie Quilts Pattern Company
1. 3 quilts I designed over Christmas break tested and published
2. 7 new patterns for Fall Market (10 total)
3. New BOM for 2016 designed and marketed

Other Stuff
1. Gym - 175 visits in 2015 - 10 visits this month
2. knit a pair of socks - picked the yarn and pattern.
3. knit from my stash (no new purchases until something is finished!) - no new purchases this month!!!
4. Destash 200 yards from my personal sewing fabric stash. (that's a lot of placemats!!!) - used 6 yards from my stash.
5. Minimal fabric buying - I bought backing for my Hosta and backing for Urban Candy. So, not too bad.
6. Reorganize the house, making the business the priority - in process, got a lot done, but still have quite a bit to do.
7. go to Disneyland - no change.
8. save for a new car - no change.

So, overall, I got more done that I really thought I would, considering the changes happening around here. Since it is now February, and life is calming down a bit, I'm hoping to get more done.

Did you get all of your January to-dos done??? Do you have big plans for February???


No comments:

Post a Comment