Monday, May 13, 2013

Jelly Roll Specials

Have you seen the jelly roll race quilts? You know, the ones where you open the jelly roll or Bali pop and just start sewing? Make one llllooooonnnnnggg strip, fold it in half and sew on the long side, and then just keep halving it, and halving it, and having it, until it reaches the length you want. Well, I love those for their sheer simplicity, and because in just a few hours you can be finished, and really, doesn't everyone needs mindless sewing time, sometimes? I've seen a couple different versions, and decided to make up one of my own, using stuff that was laying around.....plus, I needed to do some serious stash reduction, so off I went to dig into the stash.....

I found an old strip pack from a couple of years back, it's one of those store packed ones, lots of similar colors, but different prints and manufacturers, sort of like the way we picked fabrics before the pre-cut phenomenon.

Then I added 3 strips of a contrast (in my case, I used a black Bella solid), and 2 strips of a bright accent contrast ( the lime green print on the top)....

Meet me here tomorrow to see what I did next......






No comments:

Post a Comment