Sunday, November 25, 2012

The Sweat Shop

So, have you ever had that list of things that HAD to be done? That list with way too many items on it? And impending deadlines? On a Holiday weekend? And the last thing that you wanted to do was work? Well, that was me this weekend, and what I affectionately call the sweat shop. The petal to the metal sewing like crazy, while running errands, doing laundry and attempting to get all of my chaotic life under control all at once (what was I thinking?). Seriously, it was that weekend. Really, all I WANTED to do was eat, hang out, eat some more, avoid the football madness on TV, just a snack this time, avoid the mall (and Walmart/target/best buy), and maybe catch a showing of twilight. I was ready for a relaxing weekend, and yet I found myself in that inspired place, where you can literally get a million things done -- somehow. Affectionately termed the sweat shop. So in sweat shop fashion (with a little quilt OCD thrown in just for fun)......I.....

*finished arcs for my Forever Yours tablerunner. All of them. All 6 sets. Seriously excited about working on this one more this week. This is made out of the V&Co. line -- super modern printed cotton from Moda. Not my usual style, but the gray prints really spoke to me.  Loving it!!!

*did 6 loads of laundry -- all the tablecloths, curtains (shower and otherwise), in addition to the regular laundry.

*assembled and organized a new secretary (SO CUTE!!!). I really should have taken an interior pic, since I spent most of my time on that part -- but alas, I forgot!


*bought supplies at Staples (ok, so perhaps I didn't actually NEED them, but they were so cute, and necessary?). Yes, it is a sickness, but I don't want the cure, I love me some school supplies.

*sewed all of the rows on my 3 Ducks in a Row. Super bright! Love it! Now just need to sew the rows together and add the borders and it is ready to go!


*worked on my second Mariner's Compass (finally got papers). It is working out okay -- I'm not crazy about it yet, but we'll see. In this pic the pieces look red, in real life, they are shades of pink. Hot pink, but pink.


*uploaded new fabrics into the shop that came in last week (seriously, why did I get new fabrics the week of THANKSGIVING). What was I thinking? On a separate note, the new Bali Pops are fabulous. Tiramisu might be my favorite -- and completely out of my comfort zone, so we'll have to see what happens.

*Finished the placemats for my Cappuccino Party for 4 (the tablerunner has been done for months). These are all now basted and ready for me to get brave and quilt them. Myself. On my domestic machine. This totally scares me, but I need to get out of my comfort zone. Plus, I have had the walking foot for 6+ months and it is still in the box, and has started to mock me every time I open the drawer.




*ordered new stuff for the shop from Moda (yes, I ordered from Moda, strange isn't it), Robert Kauffman, Hoffman, Island Batiks, Judy Niemeyer, Thimbleblossoms, and CWI. My own little mini-market, at the house, in my pjs.

*Finished piecing Mini-Stars, and prepped it for quilting on my domestic machine, see note above. Perhaps I will do this one first, it seems more forgiving.


*Generally got life in order for the week -- you know, regular cleaning, picking outfits for the week, checking the schedule so I don't have an EMERGENCY POT LUCK. Yes, I had an emergency pot luck last week at work, because I completely forgot about it until I arrived at work. Thanks Pinterest for saving my life!!!!

So, that's the extent of the weekend....though I did manage to have a massive amount of turkey, dressing, cranberries, and pumpkin crumble at Shawn's on Thursday and saw Twilight on Friday night with the girls, so all in all, a productive and fun Sweat Shop Weekend.

Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Post a Comment