So...it was St.Patty's day over the weekend, and while I usually celebrate with a green beverage and some green pancakes for dinner, I was working at the Glendale Quilt Show, so the usual green celebrations were put on hold for a week or so. I was feeling a bit blue about foregoing my usual celebrations and missing my family, and was a little depressed. And then I started feeling guilty about being depressed, since I really have nothing to be depressed about. In fact, I have a million things to be thankful for....a great family, amazing friends, a good job, and a small business that I LOVE. Really, with all of that, what do I have the complain about? And the answer is absolutely nothing.
So, instead, I want to spend the next 28 days being thankful for all of the amazing things in my life, some of which I occasionally forget....has anyone else been reading The Magic? It's the new book by Rhonda Byrne (author of The Secret). And it is basically a daily devotional on life improvement by being thankful for what you have, and not looking quite so much at what you don't have, or what could be better, or what's not quite what you wanted. I want to concentrate on the great things, the amazing thing, the things that really inspire me. So -- I'm starting with 10 things that I am thankful for -
1. A great job, which pays good money. (the day job)
2. A fun job, which is steadily growing in profitability. (the 2nd job)
3. An amazing family, who are as much friends as family.
4. Amazing friends, who might as well be family.
5. Great clients and customers who challenge and inspire me.
6. Accountants -- to handle the taxes.
7. Shoes -- because they make me smile.
8. Mike and Molly (yes, the TV show) -- because it makes me laugh.
9. The kitties -- because they keep me warm at night, and entertain me with their antics.
10. The MAC -- which makes the technology of everyday life easy.
So, let's believe in The Magic -- and be grateful for the Simple Blessings in life.