Sunday, February 17, 2019

Holy Smokes It's Been a While

Well, I've been feeling the itch to blog for  a while now, and I knew that it had been a while since I had last blogged, but I had no idea how long it had been.

Life has been a little crazy. I got a new job last August that has been totally crazy. I've been traveling 100% of the time since mid-September, and I must admit the quilting production has gone down exponentially. And the less I have sewn, the more I want to!!! Isn't that just the way it goes!!! I am still working through how to quilt on the road. I know lots of people do it. And do it successfully. I however, have not figured that all out yet. I do enjoy EPP (English Paper Piecing) so I could do that, or appliqué (which I don't hate), or binding (which I did for the last 3 months, and have now run out of). I am sure there are a million other things I could do.....but I'm still trying to figure it out. The honest truth is, I've just now finally figured out the briefcase packing requirements and the suitcase packing requirements, so I can now really figure out the sewing piece.

As a result, I've taken the easy route lately, binding if available, and otherwise, some knitting. SO, I've made lots of hats and scarves and cowls this past fall, and I even started a pair of mittens (which remain unfinished). And as much as I love knitting, I really miss quilting and just sitting at the machine and sewing my heart out. So this week, I am taking some appliqué on the road and I'll see how it goes. I likely won't be blogging because I still haven't moved the blog from the MAC to the PC (which I need for work). I haven't figured out a way to take both computers successfully, with the limited amount of space that I have for carryon and the number of things I NEED while on a trip.  Oh the drama of full time travel.

Well I really must go, as it is time to get the packing finished and head to the airport. Hoping every one has a great week, and I'll se you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment