Tuesday, March 27, 2018

And February Few By

I can't believe that we are approaching the end of March and I am just getting back to the blog. It has been incredibly busy couple of months around here, with an 8 weeks span without a day off, it's just been a little more overwhelming than I expected. But I've now had a whole entire weekend off, and am starting to feel a bit more like myself....

I finished this bad boy just in time for Bakersfield at the end of the February. I can't even begin to tell you how much fun this one was, or how amazing the quilting is. It will be a few months before I get it back in my possession for photography, so for now, I've stolen Jeremy's photo.


Quiltworx University Bakersfield was amazing, we had so much fun, and met so many people!!! The quilts were fantastic, and I can't wait to see them all finished!!!! We had 70 ladies at the week long retreat, and no duplicates, which was pretty amazing. The quilt was made up of a series of mixers, so each "round" had multiple options, so the number of different quilts available was insane! In case you are wondering, my quilt is made up of the following rounds : Moon Star, Moon Flower, Strippy Border, and Flying Geese Queen extension. Each round had at least 3 options (queen extension), and several had 9 options, so you could literally design 1000+ quilts from the mixer!

Now that all of the craziness of QU and all the preparations for it are all in the past, it's time to get ready for Q2! What?? Q2 starts next week!!! I can't quite believe it, it seemed so far away just a few days ago, and now, here it is hot on our heels. We have a lot of fun stuff planned for next quarter. A QAL, a special project, some new patterns, and a trip to Montana to enjoy a few days with Judy while learning all about the new TOM (Technique of the Month). The patterns won't be released until early next year, but we get our first sneak peak during the first week of June. So Excited!!!!

But until then, we have a couple of lingering projects to work on (do you have those?). First up -- Twinkle Star -- I made the corner blocks earlier this week, just need to do a little strip piecing for the center star, and then its assembly time. The great thing about this one is it has NO Y SEAMS! Zip, nada, the big zero. which means it goes together super easy!


Once that one is finished, its time to move on to this bad boy.....Amazon Star. This one has been in process for forever......I think I started it 4 years ago. I hit a snag with a fabric that I didn't realize was directional until all of the units were made, and some go one way, and some go the other, and it bothered me. So, I put it in time out. And then promptly forgot about it. I found it when I rearranged the sewing room over Christmas break, and put it on the priority list for 2018. And since I have been doing the 1 new, 1 old since the new year and it seems to be working, I'm hoping this is my new 1 old. I may have to make it into 2 olds, depending upon exactly how much replacing i need to do and to ensure that it doesn't end up back in time out.

Realistically, if I get all of that done before the end of April I will have made some major headway!!!! and have a large quilting bill!!! So, wish me luck!!! and I'll see you next time!


Cat 



No comments:

Post a Comment