Monday, April 24, 2017

Harboured Lighthouse Update

So, if you follow me on instagram, you know that I have started working on my Harboured Lighthouse, a new design by Judy Niemeyer for Quiltworx....




I chose a pallet of pale blue, turquoise, and teal, with hints of purple. At least for now....you know me and mid-stream color changes. 

I started in the center with the Snowflake block. It's not small!!! It's basically a super-sized version of the Winter Wonderland Snowflake block. It's 10" x 8 sections, so the finished block is 20", whereas the original snowflake block was 14" finished. As a result, it was a simple and easy assembly.


Then I laid out the strips for the lonestar.... 


And then got to sewing.....they look even better than I imagined.....



Next up, I need to sew these together, hopefully I can get that done this week.


And then next weekend.......the spikes!!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment