Saturday, September 8, 2012

Some things change, and some never will

Well, I'm sitting on the couch in my Mom's house...the one that was my childhood home until I got my first place....and as I meander around town, I'm touched by those things that are so different, and those that are completely timeless.....

Seriously, there are new stoplights, restaurants, and entire shopping centers, and some of my childhood favorites are completely gone (exit Bojangles, Squash Blossom and Sessel's). And yet, there are some things that never change -- Overton Park, Shelby Farms, and a Starbucks on every corner.

I can't believe I left for college 20 years ago last weekend.....it seems it was closer to 5 or maybe 10, but it's been 20 years!!!!

SO, while I am here, I'm just going to look around and notice all of the changes. I am going to spend some time with family and old friends, and appreciate them. I am going to walk down memory lane, and remember the great decisions, and the ones that were slightly insane (at least in the eyes of an older and wiser Catherine). I'm going to just hang out, relax, and eat some old-time Memphis BBQ, on a paper plate with a plastic fork at a little run down hole-in-the-wall place full of memories.

But I'll be back soon with some new patterns, and new quilts.....until then, I hope each of you will take some time to step back and smell the BBQ, and be thankful for all of the amazing people and places in our lives.


Cat

No comments:

Post a Comment