Thursday, July 21, 2011

The other things I have been working on

So, a few of you know about my aversion to in, I just don't like it. I'm not really sure why I don't like it, it's not like its hard, or time consuming. Its more that its the end of the journey, and I only really like to put the binding on when the quilt is leaving me, off to a new home to be used and loved by someone else. As a result, I have lots of quilts that have no binding on them, even though the binding in made (that is one of the rules, if you remember from an earlier post). There is just something so final about putting on the binding and pushing the bird out of the nest to another place. This propensity to not apply binding was no big deal when I was just quilting for fun, but now, my bad habit is a bit problematic, as in, I have a booth with 10 quilts in it, but only 3 of them have binding.....not exactly professional, so I'm trying to get better and get the binding on before I take any pics, and before I hang it in the booth.

So, this week, I put binding on several quilts, 3 to be exact. I haven't had a chance to get any decent pics of the quilts, but I did take some pics of the items I use for binding....specifically the thread that I insist upon using for binding. DMC 50 weight, manufactured in France in 180 colors, so you will have the EXACT color match, whether you are matching the border, binding or the backing. I'll do a tutorial on binding soon, and talk about preventing "snake belly" binding, but for now, just some pics of the tools that I love.

Yippee!!! This one is actually done and ready to head off to Colorado.

No comments:

Post a Comment